I guess they left Exo, aka the best, for the finale. :P 

HANDOVER NOW!

And now the Chinese anthem. It seems like yesterday that it was played during an Olympic opening or closing. Oh well, it was yesterday!!! :D

What is Beijing putting into the Water Cube for 2022?

The ethnicities which i'm sure the actors are not even representative of them  :lol: 

And yet another futuristic dance segment with modern music and fancy projections. I believe that after those three Asian Olympics in a row, we won't be able to distinguish them anymore, at least ceremony-wise.

• Like 1

I hope there's going to be more swag available here for Beijing 2022 around here. In 2008 they released more than half a dozen music albums, drinking glasses at McDonald's (which are now missed as a sponsor) and pins at HBC. 2018 was dry on swag.

Just now, Olympian2004 said:

And yet another futuristic dance segment with modern music and fancy projections. I believe that after those three Asian Olympics in a row, we won't be able to distinguish them anymore, at least ceremony-wise.

The costumes look a bit Tron

Zhang Yimou wasnt lying when he said he was going to be futuristic this time instead of history lesson.

Also, is that Ode to Motherland in the background?

Isn't the song that "Ode to the Motherland" that was infamously performed in Beijing by that girl who was too ugly (according to the organisers) to perform it live, so they cast that cute lip-synching girl?

Ode to Motherland in China is what Arirang is for Korea. It's their "second" national anthem of sorts.

Yay! Just spotted the Calgary 88 logo! I wonder if we'll have a handover segment in Beijing.

1 minute ago, SkiFreak said:

I hope there's going to be more swag available here for Beijing 2022 around here. In 2008 they released more than half a dozen music albums, drinking glasses at McDonald's (which are now missed as a sponsor) and pins at HBC. 2018 was dry on swag.

Dry. There is more water in The Sahara. They already have a sweet pin set of the  area/map. Oh you know they will be sweet swag. The question will be what is real.