I'm thinking the audience pixels were definitely a good idea for this stadium. With them turned off, it feels (as I noted during the OC) really small and intimate; the pixels add scale when appropriate.

I'm wondering whether that athlete from France will carry his teammate around during the whole parade - if yes, I guess that many doping athletes will want to know his secret. ;-)

Looks like the Louder track is on YouTube. Gonna have to rip it later.

2 minutes ago, SkiFreak said:

Interesting. Nothing on iTunes. Wonder if its available on the official site.

It's at least on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1e--DVt8s

From what I could gather via Google so far, the singer is an ambassador of Pyeongchang 2018 and he published the song "in support of the Games" - so it doesn't seem like THE official theme song.

2 minutes ago, SkiFreak said:

Looks like the Louder track is on YouTube. Gonna have to rip it later.

Here's the track:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

This music! Like Kurt Weill in Korean.

:lol: Nice comparison. Yes, I always find it confusing for the international audience when there are songs or a lot of untranslated talking in the host country's language (unless that's English). I guess that most of the athletes don't know what's going on.

So the Pagoda prop from the spoilers was always meant for the closing. Liked the combination of rock music and traditional instruments on that segment. Welcoming segment was cute, showing above looks from the venues and at least an olympic rings formation which was genuine :P 

2 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

at least an olympic rings formation which was genuine

Very perfunctory though- they should have messed up in the OC so they could do a Sochi-style callback.

14 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

Wait, these Games had an official song named "Louder"? That was apparently the song that was played during the Games montage, according to the German commentator. I've heard of that song for the first time now, during the final hours of the Games. :D

I was saying the same in my head.

Due to the perils of supermarket shopping & iPlayer's watch from start function, I am approximately 30 minutes behind you all. I feel like a Southern train. 

Just now, yoshi said:

Due to the perils of supermarket shopping & iPlayer's watch from start function, I am approximately 30 minutes behind you all. I feel like a Southern train. 

"Northern train" would work equally well :unsure:

1 minute ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Very perfunctory though- they should have messed up in the OC so they could do a Sochi-style callback.

True. ;) As a matter of fact, this is the first Olympic Winter Games closing ceremony since Torino 2006 where don't have to mock themselves due to an opening ceremony glitch. Disappointing actually, those segments always were some of the most entertaining of the entire ceremonies.

• Haha 1

About the mocking thing, they're making weird comical remixes of traditional korean songs at the background as the athletes arrive. Dunno if that would count :P 

If we get 2026, I wonder if Hidy and Howdy would make a comeback like Hodori.

Just now, Ikarus360 said:

About the mocking thing, they're making weird comical remixes of traditional korean songs at the background as the athletes arrive. Dunno if that would count :P 

Or the fact that they apparently ran out of live music because the parade ran longer than planned - and now they had to resort to taped music. ;)

Quite like Korea's anthem, sounds like Germany slowed down. Also, this is NOT what you expect to hear on Sunday morning BBC 2 :o

The drones are live this time. What they should had done at the Opening.

Soohorang...i'll miss the little guy. :(