Men's Olympic Basketball: NBA Players or No NBA Players?

One of the reasons I watch the Olympics is to see athletes who we don't see all that often compete, however, that doesn't happen with all Olympic sports, most notably Olympic Basketball.  Without the NHL this year playing Olympic Hockey, Olympic Basketball will likely continue to be an international tournament of NBA players heading into Tokyo (although the NHL could come back in 4 years).  Does watching Olympic Basketball hurt your Olympic watching experience? Does it help?  Do you not care?  I have a friend who watches a lot of the NBA but watches the Olympics to see athletes we don't see all that often.  He doesn't watch Men's Olympic Basketball because he sees those guys 82-100 games a year. 

I understand why Olympic Basketball does this though.  This is the biggest tournament for basketball there is and it may be the second most popular team sport behind soccer/football.  I recall stories from one Olympics (London I think) where the USA Men's Basketball Team visited the Olympic Village only to get mobbed by the crowd, which were other Olympians.