GamesBids' Pyeongchang 2018 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

Well, we're just 3 days away for the start of the games (even if they technically start on thursday), so I imagined we might as well get started for the traditional Livechat thread to share our thoughts, views, joys and cringes. Even though this time many of us will have to wake up very early to watch the show. 

The opening ceremony will start at 8:00 PM (Korea's local time). That would be 5:00 AM (Central Standard Time), 6:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time) and 3:00 AM (Pacific Standard Time) in the US, respectively. If you want to know exactly at which hour the Opening begins, you can use this Timezone converter right here. https://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_KR.aspx

NBC will be broadcasting the Opening Ceremony live on their website, without commercial ads, for those living in the US. However if you know any other sources where we can watch the ceremony, make sure to share them with the rest of us.

Here in Mountain Time, CBC is airing some pre-show at 3:30. Curling coverage starts at 5pm. Also, CTV is airing Cool Runnings on Friday at 9pm!

Thought CBC would replay the ceremonies in Primetime but it looks like they won't, so gonna have to watch online if you miss it live.

56 minutes ago, SkiFreak said:

Here in Mountain Time, CBC is airing some pre-show at 3:30. Curling coverage starts at 5pm. Also, CTV is airing Cool Runnings on Friday at 9pm!

Thought CBC would replay the ceremonies in Primetime but it looks like they won't, so gonna have to watch online if you miss it live.

The Australian broadcaster, Channel Seven aired "Cool Runnings" on the eve Saturday 3rd Feb and on the eve of Monday 5th Feb, they aired "Eddie the Eagle"

Also, there is a live stream for Australian viewers on these following links. I don't know about international visitors. If the live stream doesn't work, maybe try using a VPN like Hola VPN to activate the live stream in your country.

https://7plus.com.au/live-tv

https://olympicson7.seven.com.au/live/19

NBC is giving me a 30 minutes countdown everytime I access a stream, though it resets when I go to another browser. Will they do the same for the Opening Ceremony?

In that case, would there be other ways of watching it online from the US? (since I think Claro is blocked on the States). 

34 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

NBC is giving me a 30 minutes countdown everytime I access a stream, though it resets when I go to another browser. Will they do the same for the Opening Ceremony?

In that case, would there be other ways of watching it online from the US? (since I think Claro is blocked on the States). 

You should use a VPN navigator.

1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

By Marca Claro fanpage in Facebook, you can see the competitions live!!!

That's the coolest transmition of the Games ever!!!

Can you please post the link to it? :)

Also, the stadium at this moment.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:28 AM, Nacholympic said:

All Latin America. Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panamá, Paraguay, Peru, Republica Dominicana, Uruguay y Venezuela.

Live coverage by Marca Claro Sports.

http://olimpicos.marcaclaro.com/inicio/

Will it really broadcast all Latin America live? I'd prefer ESPN or any other channel because the comentators of Claro are wful.

6 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Well, less than 40 minutes to go. Seems like it was yesterday when Rio 2016 opening happened. I hope we're up for a fun time today.

Made sure to sleep earlier than usual last night so I could get up :lol: 

Tuesday it's going to be 30 years since Calgary 88! Hard to believe! I ended up staying up all night. Got a big pot of coffee. Got my laptop ready. Got my phone ready to tweet. 30 mins to go!