PyeongChang 2018 Ceremonies Spoiler Thread

3 hours ago, olympiaki-agones said:

I'm having an ambivalent feeling, I'm excited because the Olympic Games are about to start, but concerned about how solemn this ceremony could be. 

Me too. I hope it will be a fun, vivid and very animated (full of colour and excitement) ceremony

I am expecting to see a good show, colorfull and entertaining... I am forgeting about watching a total "wow show" a la Beijing 2008... since till the Regional Games (Pan Am, SEA Games etc) have reached the level of the Olympic shows, so every year we can see a spectacular Olympic style show... I liked Rio 2016 Ceremony since it was vivid, simple but too well done with amazing talent and creativity! ....

Let's add now another Olympic Ceremony to our files....

4 hours ago, olympiaki-agones said:

I'm having an ambivalent feeling, I'm excited because the Olympic Games are about to start, but concerned about how solemn this ceremony could be. 

If you look at the preview, it actually looks very colorful at moments. So I doubt it will be extremely solemn like Nagano. 

4 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

I am expecting to see a good show, colorfull and entertaining... I am forgeting about watching a total "wow show" a la Beijing 2008... since till the Regional Games (Pan Am, SEA Games etc) have reached the level of the Olympic shows, so every year we can see a spectacular Olympic style show... I liked Rio 2016 Ceremony since it was vivid, simple but too well done with amazing talent and creativity! ....

Let's add now another Olympic Ceremony to our files....

They promised to deliver some "wow" moments tomorrow. Let's hope they weren't bluffing. I also expect Tokyo 2020 to be a very innovating ceremony which tries introducing new things never seen before. Beijing 2022 will probably rehire Zhang Yimou for the job so its almost a 100% guarantee they will be spectacular. 

The ceremony will begin with the countdown which is about 3 mins. This will be followed by the childrens segment. Right after is the Korean anthem and then the Parade of nations.

The signs for the countries will be in Hangul only.

After this there will be two segments.

Then the speeches.

Then Gangwon residents will light up candles in the shape of a dove.

Anthem and oaths

Torch

2 hours ago, nowuniverse said:

Chinese director Zhang Yimou takes skills behind the camera to Olympics stage

I heard he will be heading to South Korea in a few days to prepare for it. So excited.

We have South Korea, Japan,  China, then France, and USA.

Gonna be epic. 

Oh, I expect nothing less.  After all, he was responsible for (in my book) still THE MOST IMPRESSIVE Olympic Opening Ceremony ever.  So, it's not like he has to takes notes.  

I'm intrigued to see what he wants to do this time, given he clearly stated the time for historical lessons was already done in 2008 and he wants to show what China has done to the world on recent years, so I guess the future mixed with some traditional elements will be a main theme. 

^^ Funny enough, for what I've read, while it was very liked here, it seems some in China considered it too stereotypical. One has to consider, though, Zhang didn't had much space to work in because the stage was pretty small. Now he will have more space and technology to do what he couldn't back then. 

5 hours ago, WD96 said:

I wonder if the temple sculpture will make an appearance at the closing ceremony.

I hope it does. Given that the CC will incorporate Korean art, music and dance, I'm pretty sure it will.

1 hour ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Meh. EXO.  BTS are arguably better known worldwide and BigBang would've been a great addition (though I'd rather SHINee).

Ehh.. EXO is still the better one in SK though.. BTS is still underrated in SK by now..

16 hours ago, WD96 said:

I wonder if the temple sculpture will make an appearance at the closing ceremony.

I too hope we see the Pagoda somehow. I have a feel they planned to use it on the Opening Ceremony (probably for the finale of All for the Future segment (when the large pillar of light was raised)) but strong winds risk made the producers discard this at last minute.

nthnSDP.jpg

http://m.ibntv.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=54873

According to this article, the drones are coming back for the Closing Ceremony (hopefully this time it will be actually live and not the cheating they did at the Opening with pre-recorded stuff). Weather is expected to be -3°C. Not as cold as in the Opening, but people should still come prepared for the weather anyway.