PyeongChang 2018 Ceremonies Spoiler Thread

2 hours ago, PikyoK said:

I'm getting excited now. I can't wait to see the spoilers

3 hours ago, yoshi said:

Apparently rehearsals for the opening ceremony begin today so, as ever, that calls for a spoiler thread. Spoilers in here, protect the general thread etc etc, you know how it works. Hope this is useful :)

Thanks Yoshi- as I've remarked in connection with previous ceremonies, I really like surprises !

18 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

This was posted from the stadium.  A prop made of TV screens?

Judging from this strange but cool looking prop, there's probably gonna be a segment paying tribute to South Korea's technology and how it's changed over the years.

I think the prop is most likely like Conor says. Old TV screens shaped in the form of a turtle and connected with each other (kind of reminds me of the 2002 World Cup opening where they also used TV screens) to show how korean tech evolved over the last couple of decades. I believe the producer said he had intentions to show this.

Also, a new pic from Instagram. Performers rehearsing over the stage.

XcR1pvU.jpg

Doing a zoom up at the Jumbotron, one can clearly see they're forming the Dove of Peace.

QsYipMZ.png

Hmm, kinda looks generic for now compared to the biker doves in London, the ballet from Sochi and the paper doves from Rio.

They'll probably have white outfits on the day the ceremony happens. And maybe a projection of a dove on the stage.

9 hours ago, Conor15 said:

Hmm, kinda looks generic for now compared to the biker doves in London, the ballet from Sochi and the paper doves from Rio.

They'll probably have white outfits on the day the ceremony happens. And maybe a projection of a dove on the stage.

Probably light outfits a la Sochi 2014 with the Russian National Anthem and Doves of peace at the Opening Ceremony

Also. I found this 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_opening_ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_closing_ceremony

They've just announced who will sing the anthems at the Pyeongchang 2018 Ceremonies

5 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I think this is the first picture of the led seats actually being tested now.

Those LED Lights are so cool!  I think the OC will probably be even more majestic as I thought it would be.

I found this. A lady was shouting at the filmer for 'no filming' and he managed to capture some lights and people rehearsing

1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

They seem sort of bloated doves.... something like this... ????

the-opening-ceremonies-at-the-1998-olymp

(Nagano 1998 OC)

It seems most likely like it will be either related to the Dove of Peace segment (we know performers will form the dove on the field) or maybe something related to Korea historical past since the clouds are shaped like the typical Auspicious Cloud one sees in asian art. 

Short video of inside the stadium. You can see the hole where the performers will enter/exit. You can also see the lights and the rest of the floor.