Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yoshi

PyeongChang 2018 Ceremonies Spoiler Thread

Recommended Posts

Apparently rehearsals for the opening ceremony begin today so, as ever, that calls for a spoiler thread. Spoilers in here, protect the general thread etc etc, you know how it works. Hope this is useful :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting excited now. I can't wait to see the spoilers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PikyoK said:

I'm getting excited now. I can't wait to see the spoilers

 

3 hours ago, yoshi said:

Apparently rehearsals for the opening ceremony begin today so, as ever, that calls for a spoiler thread. Spoilers in here, protect the general thread etc etc, you know how it works. Hope this is useful :)

Thanks Yoshi- as I've remarked in connection with previous ceremonies, I really like surprises !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

This was posted from the stadium.  A prop made of TV screens?

 

Judging from this strange but cool looking prop, there's probably gonna be a segment paying tribute to South Korea's technology and how it's changed over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like look at what South Korea gives to us now.

They make electronics, K-Pop and cars from companies such as Hyundai, KIA and SsangYong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the prop is most likely like Conor says. Old TV screens shaped in the form of a turtle and connected with each other (kind of reminds me of the 2002 World Cup opening where they also used TV screens) to show how korean tech evolved over the last couple of decades. I believe the producer said he had intentions to show this.

Also, a new pic from Instagram. Performers rehearsing over the stage.

XcR1pvU.jpg

Doing a zoom up at the Jumbotron, one can clearly see they're forming the Dove of Peace.

QsYipMZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, kinda looks generic for now compared to the biker doves in London, the ballet from Sochi and the paper doves from Rio.

They'll probably have white outfits on the day the ceremony happens. And maybe a projection of a dove on the stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Conor15 said:

Hmm, kinda looks generic for now compared to the biker doves in London, the ballet from Sochi and the paper doves from Rio.

They'll probably have white outfits on the day the ceremony happens. And maybe a projection of a dove on the stage.

Probably light outfits a la Sochi 2014 with the Russian National Anthem and Doves of peace at the Opening Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also. I found this 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_opening_ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_closing_ceremony

They've just announced who will sing the anthems at the Pyeongchang 2018 Ceremonies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

 

Doing a zoom up at the Jumbotron, one can clearly see they're forming the Dove of Peace.

QsYipMZ.png

They will surely wear outfits like these ones:

6a00d83452a77469e200e553f4a3908834-pi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take th Wiki article with a grain of salt, though Sumi Jo singing the Olympic Hymn would be awesome.

someone put this lighting effect from the stadium. Dunno if its related 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the first picture of the led seats actually being tested now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I think this is the first picture of the led seats actually being tested now.

 

Those LED Lights are so cool!  I think the OC will probably be even more majestic as I thought it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this. A lady was shouting at the filmer for 'no filming' and he managed to capture some lights and people rehearsing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pic taken in January 18 during an officials visit.

dFwzCFv.jpg

Take a closer look at the entrance down there, though.

VgQnLv0.jpg

These look like clouds and birds props alongside a blue sheet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lights at the stadium in action
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those lights were for the K-Pop Segment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

 

Take a closer look at the entrance down there, though.

VgQnLv0.jpg

These look like clouds and birds props alongside a blue sheet. 

 

They seem sort of bloated doves.... something like this... ????

the-opening-ceremonies-at-the-1998-olymp

(Nagano 1998 OC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

 

They seem sort of bloated doves.... something like this... ????

the-opening-ceremonies-at-the-1998-olymp

(Nagano 1998 OC)

It seems most likely like it will be either related to the Dove of Peace segment (we know performers will form the dove on the field) or maybe something related to Korea historical past since the clouds are shaped like the typical Auspicious Cloud one sees in asian art. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tv screen prop in motion

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stadium floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short video of inside the stadium. You can see the hole where the performers will enter/exit. You can also see the lights and the rest of the floor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...