Kuala Lumpur?

11 hours ago, anthonyliberatori said:

I know Kuala Lumpur  bid and lost for the 2008 Games to Beijing, but why have they given up hope? With the impressive Asian Games hosting, they were left with a good deal of modern venues. I wonder if we could hope to see a Malaysian bid sometime for 2032 or later. 

I don't remember that KL hosted Asian Games before.

I guess you referred to the latest Southeast Asian Games which was KL hosted last year. And I hope either Malaysia or Indonesia or Thailand could bid sometime in the future and bring Olympic to Southeast Asia region.

22 hours ago, budse said:

I don't remember that KL hosted Asian Games before.

I guess you referred to the latest Southeast Asian Games which was KL hosted last year. And I hope either Malaysia or Indonesia or Thailand could bid sometime in the future and bring Olympic to Southeast Asia region.

Yes, I am sorry, I meant the Southeast Asian Games. 

Of the three you listed, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, assuming the big cities of Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, and Jakarta are the chosen host city bids from those countries, which do you think could put on the best Olympics?

41 minutes ago, anthonyliberatori said:

Yes, I am sorry, I meant the Southeast Asian Games. 

Of the three you listed, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, assuming the big cities of Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, and Jakarta are the chosen host city bids from those countries, which do you think could put on the best Olympics?

all of them have equal possibility.

Thailand is one of sport power house in the region but lack of major multi sport events experience. They last time hosted Asian Games in 1998. They may have to build or revamp a number of venues to meet Olympic criteria.

Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) hosted Commonwealth Games in 1998 and last year Southeast Asian Games. They could reuse all the venues and build temporary venues to meet Olympic Games criteria. They plan to bid as the Commonwealth Games 2022 but lack of government support. Rumor said they plan to bid for the 2026 edition instead.

Indonesia (Jakarta) will host the up coming Asian Games this year. They could reuse all the venues and build temporary venues to meet Olympic criteria.

However, I think the fastest Southeast Asia region could have strong bid is not near future, at least they could try to bid 2036 or 2040 edition, but perhaps it may need to face huge contender such Shanghai and India which plan to bid Olympic Games as well.