baron-pierreIV

Pls sign FB Petition to remove World Games from Birmingham, AL, USA,....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The World Games are not run by the IOC...

From the IWGA site:  The IOC grants its patronage to the IWGA.   Take away that patronage and you won't have the World Games. 

While the International Olympic Committee grants its patronage to all editions of The World Games, and while the IWGA explicitly accepts and adheres to all principles in the Olympic Charter, the multi-sport games differ in one important aspect from the Olympics. The host is never required to build facilities or extend upon available infrastructure for the sake of The World Games alone. Ideally, the event is to be staged at existing venues, in appropriately sized facilities that have been planned or built regardless of the candidate host bidding for the event. This condition influences the composition of The World Games program. Not all sports feature necessarily on every edition. Existing infratsructure and venues in and around the host city are the determining factor in the selection of  sports to the Official Sports Program. 

https://www.theworldgames.org/contents/The-IWGA-15/The-World-Games-3 

Taking away the World Games will achieve nothing. What punishment could you possibly give the people of Alabama that would be worse than actually living in Alabama?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nacre said:

Taking away the World Games will achieve nothing. What punishment could you possibly give the people of Alabama that would be worse than actually living in Alabama?

But why make it better by allowing them to stage an int'l Festival?  Taking it away demotes them to a status of NOT BEING WORTHY to stage an international event -- even if it isn't a Tier A event.  I don't know how to make that simpler.

10 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

You really think 100 signatures would make a difference to the IOC?  Good luck with that.  Only 98 to go! :lol:

No, I don't think so.  But one can dream, can't he -- especially if the intent is to deprive depraved people of holding public office.  At least, I'm taking the initiative.  Whether others would care, that's up to you and them.  You're NOT being coerced to sign. 

Alabama state-wise is indeed sucks ass... But Birmingham is different.. Take a look at this news...

Millennial voters could play a crucial role in Alabama Senate race

Birmingham is doing something against Roy Moore and I'm sure that Birmingham is one of the most unlikely area to fall for Roy Moore so if he wins and that city loses 2021 then you just make things more miserable for that innocent city..

On 11/24/2017 at 4:46 AM, zigzag said:

Alabama state-wise is indeed sucks ass... But Birmingham is different.. Take a look at this news...

Millennial voters could play a crucial role in Alabama Senate race

Birmingham is doing something against Roy Moore and I'm sure that Birmingham is one of the most unlikely area to fall for Roy Moore so if he wins and that city loses 2021 then you just make things more miserable for that innocent city..

Possibly, except, again, Alabama's rural votes MIGHT outweigh the urban votes in Birmingham and Montgomery -- which is why then it doesn't matter whether Birmingham loses WG or not.  But we will find out on Dec 13th.  

America has someone distributing Nazi propaganda as its President at the moment. Maybe we should look at LA 2028 while we're at it?

• Like 1

Ooooo, but a couple of supposed Southern California 'open-minded' liberals around here would beg to differ. :lol:

Wait, I've got it.. move them to Birmingham, England and see if anyone notices!!  They're already going after the 2022 Commonwealth Games, so they can double up on using facilities, it's perfect!!!

Democrat Doug Jones squeaks by to win Alabama Senate seat held by Jeff Sessions.  It changes the Senate vote to 51-49.  With a few errant Republican votes like Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, John McCain, Bob Corker  (Cory Booker, same thing!) , there are enough votes to hopefully stick it to Trump and Paul Ryan!!  The Day of Reckoning is finally here!! 

Edited by baron-pierreIV

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Democrat Doug Jones squeaks by to win Alabama Senate seat held by Jeff Sessions.  It changes the Senate vote to 51-49.  With a few errant Republican votes like Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, John McCain, Cory Booker, there are enough votes to hopefully stick it to Trump and Paul Ryan!!  The Day of Reckoning is finally here!! 

I see Moore is considering the possibility of paying for a recount- but didn't Alabama just decide that records of individual electronic votes must not be kept?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Democrat Doug Jones squeaks by to win Alabama Senate seat held by Jeff Sessions.  It changes the Senate vote to 51-49.  With a few errant Republican votes like Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, John McCain, Cory Booker, there are enough votes to hopefully stick it to Trump and Paul Ryan!!  The Day of Reckoning is finally here!! 

Cory Booker is a Democrat you moron. 

16 hours ago, ofan said:

Cory Booker is a Democrat you moron. 

Oh F*CK you, asshole!  So, it was Bob Corker that I meant; so sue me , douche bag!! 

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Thanks 1