Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Can Beijing 2022 be Stripped of the Duty?

With the massive doping allegations of the Chinese now coming out, can Beijing be stripped of their 2022 WOG turn?  

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1056875/former-chinese-olympic-doctor-claims-10000-athletes-doped-in-1980s-and-1990s 

I hope so!! 

Maybe Salt Lake can host in 2022 after all??

Discuss!

1) If we were talking about a small country, then I would agree with this. But talking about such an influential powerhouse like China i doubt this will happen. Lets face it boys and girls, money is what makes the world go round, and thats the only thing the IOC cares about right now

2) Even if they were going to strip China from the duty, what other choice do they have when nearly no one wants to host even the Summer Games anymore? 

3) This shouldn't come as a surprise to no one. Everyone knows almost all ...hell, who am I kidding, all commie countries back in the Cold War had their secret doping program because all they cared was to project themselves at the world stage as much as they could. Soviet Union, East Germany, Romania...why would China be a surprise?

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

With the massive doping allegations of the Chinese now coming out, can Beijing be stripped of their 2022 WOG turn?  

Maybe Salt Lake can host in 2022 after all??

Whaaaaa?! :blink: What happened to "Denver"! :P 

16 minutes ago, FYI said:

Whaaaaa?! :blink: What happened to "Denver"! :P 

Well, obviously, in a shorter time-frame, SLC will be quick to step in.  But if there is the luxury of an open selection, then as is the USOC's stance, they want to look at some choices.  

23 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Oh really?  Than why are they giving Russia a hard time?  

ROFL!!! They’re not giving them a hard time. It’s merely symbolic measures to calm the IOC’s critics.

Giving Russia a hard time would have meant full ban from Rio and now from PC too.

Just now, StefanMUC said:

ROFL!!! They’re not giving them a hard time. It’s merely symbolic measures to calm the IOC’s critics.

Giving Russia a hard time would have meant full ban from Rio and now from PC too.

ROLF!  Idiot.  The T&F team was banned in Rio.  

For PC 2018, the IPC is banning Russia.  

Only because WADA /testimonies from a russian scientist which defected left IOC with no choice. And even so russian can still compete under another flag/symbols so they weren't actually banned from PC.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:54 PM, StefanMUC said:

I think winning gold in hockey not in Russia colors (this includes there stats) might be more painful to watch for Putin then ban