ELEFTHERIA DEKO, Lighting Designer

ROBERT DICKINSON, Lighting Designer

TED WELLS, Lighting Director

ANDY O’REILLY, Lighting Director

THEODORE TSEVAS, Lighting Director

The Games of the XXVIII Olympiad - Opening Ceremony

-------------

Well done!

Okey...I guess that must be worth something.  

Too bad they also lit all those empty seats as well.

We already covered the empty seats, and we do thank USA with all the bullshit they said about the security.

Revenge is good thing! Instead of criticizing and create fake news for the others, we should first take care of our own country.

Huh?  What are you talking about?  Are you still smarting from all those 'security' stories?  Why don't you wage your war with the press and the news organizations, Pyrros?

Get over it.  Move on.   :rolleyes:

The security stories made by the US (and not only) media, described Greece as a party of terrorists.This forced Greek government to spend and spend and spend billions of Euros to protect you. (Which is good, because now we have the knowledge and we sell it to other countries)

Unfortunately for you, it was a party of peace. The ones that participated like it and have good memories about it. The ones that didn't, probably lost the a once in a life time celebration.

We already covered the empty seats, and we do thank USA with all the bullshit they said about the security.

Revenge is good thing! Instead of criticizing and create fake news for the others, we should first take care of our own country.

Huh?  What are you talking about?  Are you still smarting from all those 'security' stories?  Why don't you wage your war with the press and the news organizations, Pyrros?

Get over it.  Move on.   :rolleyes:

didn't you get the mom baron?....the USA was to blame for all the preparation problems, problems during the Games, and now the mess with the left over garbage the people will never ever need....... :rolleyes:

jeesh....just imagine if Athen's was stripped of the Games.....the US would really have been in trouble!

The security stories made by the US (and not only) media, described Greece as a party of terrorists.This forced Greek government to spend and spend and spend billions of Euros to protect you. (Which is good, because now we have the knowledge and we sell it to other countries)

Unfortunately for you, it was a party of peace. The ones that participated like it and have good memories about it. The ones that didn't, probably lost the a once in a life time celebration.

Ya know -- you got this all exaggerated.  I never wished Athens to fail.  WHy should I?

I could've gone to Athens; and personally anticipated no fears for my personal safety.  But I passed primarily due to weather considerations (I don't like to go to places that are too hot) and having to pay thru the nose for comfortable lodgings.  Plus the previous time I was in Greece, I really had a hard time communicating.

I rib you occasionally about the shortcomings of 2004 -- and like all Games, they had one or 2 minor ones; but gee, the fact that it went off well doesn't mean Athens 2004 is the be-all of the Olympics.

:rolleyes:

Oh guys ! How did a thread on an EMMY deteriorate so rapidly to this ?

Anyway, on a good note, Athens was the tourist HIT of the year for Greece, surpassing the likes of Rhodes, Corfu, Crete !

An estimated 12% increase in Athens alone. For the first time EVER, the tourists chose Athens over the islands (that is quite an achievement in its own right, as it has no precedent).

of course they chose athens dammit they bloody well olympics were taking place, gosh is this so difficult for people to understand...in other breaking news it was found that altanta experienced a higher increase in tourists than its rival us cities during games time...oh shock horror....

The games were LAST years ! D'uh !!!!!!

We are talking about THIS YEAR ! Hello ???

Plus, with 2000 islands to chose from, Greece's magent has always been THE ISLANDS ! Never ATHENS !

Before your pointless, senseless talk, check your facts FIRST !

PS - not only did Athens emerged as the clear winner of the tourist season in Greece in % increase BUT in absolute numbers as well !

PS - and all that, DESPITE the initial FALSELY reported stories on this board of a DECREASE in Athens tourism.

PS - MoRush you must get a RUSH everytime sth POSITIVE is reported re: Athens ! GET OVER IT !

I was reading yesterday an interview of Eleftheria Deko (or Nteko), the emmy winner.

Well, the Cycladic head that breaks in pieces, needs 2 days of works to get it back in one piece. So, everytime they rehearsed it in the stadium, they had to be careful not to waste the try.

Another nice thing is the first time they entered the Olympic Stadium. Dimitris Papaioannou said to her 'Look how big is theater you must light'.

It amazes me at the sheer mean spiritedness of some your comments.  This topic is about Athens winning an Emmy!  Not about so called empty seats, so called drop in tourism (that some forumers claimed!)  Just admit that we had a wonderful Olympics.  And even though we did have delays and some really bad press (and yes the Americans and others were to blame for that) let us just rejoice in our accomplishments!  

P.S.  No matter what you guys say, the Olympics were a great success and this is reconfirmed every time that I either speak to an American or foreigner or visit the U.S. which i did this past summer.  Every body was telling me what a great job that we did and how they would like to visit our country (which is evident in our increase in tourism numbers!)  Plus our reputation has gone way up as being a safe country (not that it was in jeopardy before mind you, albeit no thanks to the American press prior to the Olympics!)  Ah.... revenge is so sweet isn't it?  we had the last laugh!!!!   :D

Archived