LA 2028 GamesBids Olympic Logo Comp Round 1  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Win the GamesBids LA 2028 Olympic Logo Comp?

Thank you :)

Mr President, the opening act is here.

Oh. Where's he from? 

He is from Canada.

What state is that in again?

I thought you said you didn't care, as long as they weren't Mexican.

I did - get him on then:

Welcome to Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA!

Image result for hollywood sign

We are in front of one of the most famous landmarks in the Union to kick off the voting for our 2028 Summer Olympic logo comp. 1932, 1984, & now 2028 - LA is set to be the planet's third 3-time host, & this is our attempt to pick a logo for it.

We have 7 candidates - once again I would like to thank everyone who's been brave enough to submit their design for GB dissection. And, once again, the rules are IOC tradition - exhausting exhaustive ballot, round by round, in search of a majority. The logos are in Rols' initial picture, and the rules proper are here:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close at 10pm UK time, Saturday September 23. (The first couple of rounds will be open a bit longer as there's more entrants. Oh, and to give Krow a chance to do a red carpet review of the entries.)
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish. For transparency, I will not vote unless required to break a tie.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of September 1 2017 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. 
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will reserve my right to vote in order to break it. We don't want any lockdowns, do we?
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

That is it - time for the voting to begin. The Donald is waiting for us in the Kodak Theater (when in Rome...grumble grumble...) - the home of the Oscars. We will be travelling all across LA, seeing the great landmarks of Southern California along the way. But what will be crowned Best Picture? May the best logo win!

GOOD LUCK! :)

los_angeles_2028_by_humdoodee-dbko8q5.pn

demo_by_humdoodee-dbo9ssg.png

Los Angeles is the City of Angels, a colorful landscape of dynamic and diversity, and the goal of this logo is to reflect that. Radiating from the silhouette of an angel is the Olympic spirit, which dynamically accentuates the wings, adding color and movement, and acting as an extension of LA -- because LA is the Olympics, and the Olympics is LA.

In the look of the games, sweeps, curves, and patterns characterize the movement of athletes and the firey Olympic spirit it brings. The bright colors -- all either warm colors inspired by the Californian sunset or cool colors inspired by the great Pacific -- are a homage to the colorful '84 Olympics during LA. LA is not a city of repetition. It is a city of colorful movement.

• Like 2