LA 2028 Ceremonies

9 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

I think this is a better composed choral/solo version of Sting's song. It shows how total unknowns or amateurs can not only be as good as big names or celebrities are in a presentation, they can be even better.

Off-topic.

Irrelevant posting of past music videos not related at all in any way to LA2028 Ceremonies.

2 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

The NFL Super Bowl in February gave sort of a preview of what 2028 will be like.

SoFi is fine for football and garden-variety concerts. But for "Olympic ceremony?" I'm sensing it will give off an anonymous, lackluster vibe or quality. But that's just my opinion. 

Casey Wasserman insisted to a sports reporter several weeks ago that SoFi will be the place for the opening/closing of the 2028 games.

Wasserman has also said previously he wants the Olympic games to become more political, not less.

2028 had better keep their budget under control and hopefully generate good attendance. I'm already seeing an undercurrent of a bit of the 1996 summer games mixed with the 2012 summer games.

Good attendance?   Are you joking?

SoFi Stadium will be packed to the rafters for the LA2028 Opening Ceremony.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

The NFL Super Bowl in February gave sort of a preview of what 2028 will be like.

SoFi is fine for football and garden-variety concerts. But for "Olympic ceremony?" I'm sensing it will give off an anonymous, lackluster vibe or quality. But that's just my opinion. 

Casey Wasserman insisted to a sports reporter several weeks ago that SoFi will be the place for the opening/closing of the 2028 games.

Wasserman has also said previously he wants the Olympic games to become more political, not less.

2028 had better keep their budget under control and hopefully generate good attendance. I'm already seeing an undercurrent of a bit of the 1996 summer games mixed with the 2012 summer games.

Could you sense how would Maracana work for an olympic opening ceremony during 2014 FIFA world cup? or did you sensed how would fisht olympic stadium work as a soccer field during sochi 2014 winter olympics. Guess you saw neither of them, but the most propable answer is no. The most probable thing, judging the shape of the stadium roof, is a vancouver like stage in the SoFi

8 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Off-topic.

Irrelevant posting of past music videos not related at all in any way to LA2028 Ceremonies.

Not irrelevant at all. It's showing what I think fits the tone or vibe of an "Olympic ceremony."

By contrast, I don't know what type of music or performance you believe best fits that type of format.

8 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Good attendance?   Are you joking?

SoFi Stadium will be packed to the rafters for the LA2028 Opening Ceremony.

You do realize I was talking about the attendance for all two weeks of a summer games?

1996 still holds the record of being the most attended Olympic games in IOC history. I believe 2012 places second.

I don't take that lightly either. That's because the first days of the London games generated a lot of press about noticeably empty seats at various venues. The 2016 games had an even bigger (or more legitimate) problem with the same thing.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Mex said:

Could you sense how would Maracana work for an olympic opening ceremony during 2014 FIFA world cup? or did you sensed how would fisht olympic stadium work as a soccer field during sochi 2014 winter olympics. Guess you saw neither of them, but the most propable answer is no. The most probable thing, judging the shape of the stadium roof, is a vancouver like stage in the SoFi

There are basic aspects of SoFi that won't (or can't) be changed by even clever plans or slick maneuvers. The building is what it is.

I focus on one set of features of a performance space, you focus on other features, and people in general focus on what they like or don't like.

I think the canopy design of SoFi, its patio-type interior and looming widescreen hanging down from the roof will be visually-operationally-technically lifeless and confining. YMMV.

0pqljwf.jpg

A bit of a recap on SoFi Stadium:

The stadium’s roof doesn’t touch its walls.

It’s completely free-standing, hovering above, around and over the massive venue. it’s held up by 37 massive earthquake-resistant columns. The roof is open on three sides, which allows for a fantastic ocean breeze to flow through the seating bowl.

AEZcsZL.jpg

The videoboard’s weight holds the roof down in high winds.

Fans love the NFL’s only 4k, 70,000 square foot, double-sided videoboard, called The Infinity Screen by Samsung. Suspended 120’ above the playing field, it weighs 2.2 million pounds. It’s heavy, and that’s important because SoFi Stadium’s enormous roof can act as a wind sail in a major storm. That’s when the videoboard’s weight comes into play, anchoring the roof.

M7MUWGv.jpg

A giant, “seismic moat” up to 12’ wide and 100’ deep encircles the Stadium to keep it safe during earthquakes

If there’s a temblor, the roof and stadium move completely independently from one another, separated by the massive moat. If you’re in the canyons and notice a giant paneled door on the north or south side? You’re likely looking at the details around that joint. 

4rNxqKs.jpg

Who sees the games that are projected onto the top of the stadium’s roof?

The 80 million annual passengers who travel through LAX, which is 3.8 miles away. SoFi Stadium is directly in the LAX flight path. That’s why…

The field is 100’ below ground

To keep the structure’s overall height below FAA flight-restricted areas, crews had to dig deep to accommodate the massive, vertical seating bowl for the 70,240 fans who attend events at SoFi Stadium.

CBS News Report on live feed projections on to the roof of SoFi Stadium:

HKS report on SoFi Stadium continues:

Standing on the field, the quarterback can look to his side, through the seating bowl, and see palm trees.

How’s that possible if he’s standing 100’ below ground? There are two landscaped canyons carved down into the east and west sides of the stadium, which bring natural light (and native plants!) down to the lowest public levels of the stadium.

It’s not just a stadium.

In fact, the 6,000-seat YouTube Theater and 2.5-acre American Airlines Plaza are also under that one massive, swooping roof, which also protects the NFL’s largest stadium.

Credit: Seven Surprising Things about SoFi Stadium’s Design - 31 Jan 2022 - HKS

13 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

You do realize I was talking about the attendance for all two weeks of a summer games?

1996 still holds the record of being the most attended Olympic games in IOC history. I believe 2012 places second.

I don't take that lightly either. That's because the first days of the London games generated a lot of press about noticeably empty seats at various venues. The 2016 games had an even bigger (or more legitimate) problem with the same thing.

Archery and Football are being held at SoFi Stadium after the Opening Ceremony.

WHO SEES The roof images?  MORE like how many seconds does an airplane passenger catch those images?  

3-5 f&cking seconds I'd say.  

The bigger questions are: 
_Exactly where will the Archery venue be placed?  and
- What if I am ready to shoot and then a quake rattles SoFi and makes me miss my gold-medal-winning shot?  Can I reshoot?  

32 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

It's not really up to him.  It'll have to clear the IOC.  

Idea for the 2028 OC.  The first INDOOR drone show -- the formation of the Oly rings!!

Absolutely, with the creative talents of Hollywood and maybe even cutting edge technologies from silicon valley, whatever they come up with for the 2028 Los Angeles Opening Ceremony will be unique and entertaining show, in, around and above SoFi Stadium and the city of Los Angeles.

11 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

WHO SEES The roof images?  MORE like how many seconds does an airplane passenger catch those images?  

3-5 f&cking seconds I'd say.  

The bigger questions are: 
_Exactly where will the Archery venue be placed?  and
- What if I am ready to shoot and then a quake rattles SoFi and makes me miss my gold-medal-winning shot?  Can I reshoot?  

Yes, just a few seconds that plane passengers will likely see Stadium video images.

Legal lower flying TV camera drones may be able to capture images from above or near SoFi Stadium during the Opening Ceremony broadcast.

Archery will be held in an entertainment area outside SoFi Stadium:

c3H3IfR.jpg

24 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Just as long as a choir is doing back-up for the archer, things should be okay.

Oh, and the 2028 OOC needs to make sure the flagpoles are placed in a correct format. That will help offset the quake.

1 minute ago, AustralianFan said:

Lake Park with the lagoon you mentioned is on the southern end of SoFi Stadium.

Yeah, I see that.  So, they're building an Archery venue over a "lagoon/Lake' but they will be building an Olympic swimming pool over a baseball diamond?  Hmmm.  How about shifting the "Swimming" to that SoFi Hollywood Park Lake and put Archery over Dedeaux Field?  Cheaper.  But see, they didn't ask me,  B)

vv

34 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

0pqljwf.jpg

A lot of those features won't be visible to people watching on TVs or monitors.

I think SoFi will be the flip side of the LA Coliseum.

LA's last summer games were held in what may can be judged as one of the seedier general environments of any Olympic games (in particular, for an opening/closing) over the past 80 years. The Exposition Park area, even more so decades ago, was quite rundown.

In 2028, the setting of SoFi Stadium will be more fitting for the champagne-brie crowd of IOC bigwigs and international dignitaries. But the tone or vibe will be "NFL!!!"

2 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

LA's last summer games were held in what may can be judged as one of the seedier general environments of any Olympic games (in particular, for an opening/closing) over the past 80 years. The Exposition Park area, even more so decades ago, was quite rundown.

In 2028, the setting of SoFi Stadium will be more fitting for the champagne-brie crowd of IOC bigwigs and international dignitaries. But the tone or vibe will be "NFL!!!"

Nonsense.

The Opening Ceremony of Los Angeles 2028 at SoFi Stadium will be nothing like an NFL match or tone, that’s just plain ridiculous.  

5 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

1 minute ago, AustralianFan said:

Nonsense.

The Opening Ceremony of Los Angeles 2028 at SoFi Stadium will be nothing like an NFL match or tone, that’s just plain ridiculous.  

With the entertainment and creative talents and wizardies of Hollywood and maybe even cutting edge technologies from silicon valley, whatever they come up with for the 2028 Los Angeles Opening Ceremony will be unique and entertaining show, in, around and above SoFi Stadium and the city of Los Angeles.

4 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

That's not quite correct.  LA's Exposition Park is bounded on one side by USC -- granted it's probably not the most glamorous side of the campus, but still a major university is a major university.  Plus, there are 2 other interesting installations there.  The Figueroa neighborhood around it is old and not quite Beverly Hills, but then it's not exactly a ghetto either.  And of course by '28, it will be joined by that awful George Lucas Museum -- but it'll be another thing to do and see around LA Memorial.  

Inglewood is another middle-class community -- and SoFi will be sitting amid HUGE parking lots and 2 or 3 other stadia.  That for me, is quite soulless.  But then again -- they didn't ask me.  B)

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Okay, then how about an NFL halftime being like an Olympics ceremony?

I'd post a Youtube segment of the 2012 opening that contained a large set made to look like a house in London and used as a backdrop for rap singers, just as the 2022 NFL halftime show had a large set made to look like buildings in LA (but not just a house) and used as a backdrop for rap singers. However, the IOC and NFL have blocked their videos from being shown on other platforms.

I guess in today's era, the NFL and the Olympics, and the Olympics and the NFL - in terms of show-biz ceremonies - are now the same difference.

4 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

Okay, then how about an NFL halftime being like an Olympics ceremony?

I'd post a Youtube segment of the 2012 opening that contained a large set made to look like a house in London and used as a backdrop for rap singers, just as the 2022 NFL halftime show had a large set made to look like buildings in LA (but not just a house) and used as a backdrop for rap singers. However, the IOC and NFL have blocked their videos from being shown on other platforms.

I guess in today's era, the NFL and the Olympics, and the Olympics and the NFL - in terms of show-biz ceremonies - are now the same difference

The NFL,mor the superbowl half-time show have nothing whatsoever to do with the Olympics or the Los Angeles Opening Ceremony creative team.

You know this.  Everyone knows this.

You appear to be exhibiting trolling behaviours, drawing attention to yourself or trying to provoke a response with nonsense.