Sign in to follow this  
yoshi

11th Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Comp

krow    547
On 8/13/2017 at 7:21 AM, VIK said:

Ry0f5xa.jpg

Hi. This is my first time trying to join this competition, as long as I'm accepted as a legitimate member. I've found this design competition from the net and this time I decided to debut in it. So anyways, here is my logo for Saint Petersburg. I will try to make one logo for LA, but I'm currently seeking for inspiration and idea :)

also: is nobody going to point out that the icon represented in this logo is not actually in st. petersburg?

Well we are all waiting for the Malaysian "twins" efforts and Baron's sketch to really up the lolz...

also: is nobody going to point out that the icon represented in this logo is not actually in st. petersburg?

Isn't that the joke here?  I assumed that was the point?

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

yoshi    249

Just giving a mention to World Cup comp winner @JO2024 as another notable comp name that Rols hasn't already tagged - any new entries still very welcome - LA's a bit miffed at how much love St Pete's getting :P

krow    547
14 hours ago, Glacib said:

Actually, it could also represnt the Church of the Savior on Blood which is in St. Petersburg

i was referring to the hershey kiss factory in hershey, pennsylvania.

5199990.jpg

krow    547

i'm allergic to supremely shitty comps so i'm freebasing benadryl to even get through writing this sentence. 

yoshi    249

Of course, all are welcome - although if you posted your idea in that post then something's gone wrong as I can't see any image :P

woohooitsme83    289

Wassap mah d00ds *incoherent grumbling about LA and 2024* shoutout to mah bud @Sir Rols

fNKZkE9.png

LA'28

So I started off with a star, y'know cuz 1984 and 'merica. But then I was all like, NO! that's the old news LA, yesereebob. This is the NEW LA of 2028 we're talking about. So what's more future than Gehry's own Disney Concert Hall cuz y'know, 21st century LA is DYNAMIC and VIBRANT so the star legs got Gehry-ified but then oops now it now suddenly looks like a flower but hey, it's colorful because VIBRANT and what's more VIBRANT than a sunset, amiright? Oh and I added stripes cuz '84 and whatnot and yeah I'm very sleep deprived right now. Feel free to talk about how un-LA this is. Ok bye.

• Like 1

krow    547

i have a shitty LA idea but i can't get it work perfectly in photoshop and these fucking youtube tutorials are not helping :/ it's so lame it's almost worth a laugh, but not really worth so many hours of my life. someone make it for me :/

Lord David    220
On 8/14/2017 at 1:49 PM, mr.bernham said:

My official submission: 

XxvyLjr.png

The logo is a refreshed version of the 1984 Olympic logo and combines elements of that games and the current bid logo. Los Angeles is a city of stars and some of the most breathtaking sunsets in the world; this logo encapsulates the city in that regard. It's active elements and active typeface symbolize that LA is young, vibrant, and passionate about sport. The remaining typefaces represent LA's ability to merge modernity and classicalism. The rings as always are required by the IOC. 

What makes this brand stand out is how it will be applied throughout the city in the run-up to and during the games. You've already seen the posters as posted above, but below you'll find how the brand will be used in various different colors and applications:

Color Scheme:

F7ozWGo.png

Poster:

2sFg1Ae.png

Banners:

Tn1Eo5y.png

Could you explain your logo, young man?

Well basically I copied the logo we have now.

yoshi    249

Just dropping in to apologise for the fact I forgot you could delete PMs on this forum - I now have some space available for any secret submissions so keep'em coming :)

• Thanks 1