The scandal actually directly affects LAOOC -

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1129071/la-racism-scandal-resignations

LA28 Board member embroiled in racism scandal that brought down City Council President

Los Angeles City Council President Nury Martinez has resigned*** after making a series of disturbing racist remarks in a leaked audio recording, which has also forced Los Angeles 2028 Board member Ron Herrera to step down as President of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor.

The conversation from October 2021 was posted anonymously on Reddit, and featured Martinez and councilmember Kevin de León using racist and derogatory language.

Martinez has resigned and issued a public apology following outrage from other City leaders, while de León has apologised.

Herrera and councilmember Gil Cedillo have also faced criticism for featuring in the recording.

The LA Times has reported that Herrera, a Board member on the Organising Committee for the Los Angeles 2028 Olympics and Paralympics, has had his resignation as President of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor accepted.

In the leaked audio, Martinez is heard using a Spanish racial slur to refer to the black son of councillor Mike Bonin during a conversation on redrawing Council district boundaries.

In a family statement attributed to Bonin and his partner Sean Arian, they said: "We are appalled, angry and absolutely disgusted that Nury Martinez attacked our son with horrific racist slurs, and talked about her desire to physically harm him.

"It's vile, abhorrent, and utterly disgraceful."

Bonin had called on Martinez, de León and Herrera to resign from office, and criticised Cedillo for his "tacit acceptance" of the remarks in the conversation.

In resigning as President of the Council, Martinez offered an apology to Bonin.

"I take responsibility for what I said and there are no excuses for those comments," she said.

"I'm so sorry.

"I sincerely apologize to the people I hurt with my words: to my colleagues, their families, especially to Mike, Sean, and your son."

De León said: "There were comments made in the context of this meeting that are wholly inappropriate; and I regret appearing to condone and even contribute to certain insensitive comments made about a colleague and his family in private."

Cedillo has also apologised and admitted "I should have intervened".

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said he was "saddened by what I read".

The Play Equity Fund, established by the LA84 Foundation which was formed by the Organising Committee from when the city last held the Olympics, joined the criticism of the officials in the recording, describing it as a "shameful and divisive conversation".

"There is no place in our city for such hateful and racist comments," a statement read.

"The Play Equity Fund is a legacy of the 1984 Summer Olympics, an event that took place when the world was deeply divided and showed on an international stage what a community united with a common purpose looks like.

"Today is no different, we choose to stand together with all communities who are working to bridge divides and improve the lives of every Angelino with love, kindness, respect, and dignity for all.

"Today we reaffirm our commitment to the ideals of the Olympic movement and our commitment to advance equity through sport and play, to combat racism in all its forms and to build a better world through sport."

Martinez, De León and Cedillo remain on the Council, but are facing growing pressure over their positions.

Herrera's resignation as President of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor was confirmed to the LA Times by Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, the head of the California Labor Federation, who said: "We are focused on rebuilding solidarity and trust in the worker movement."

The LA Times reported that the Federation had described the leaked recording as part of a "serious security and privacy breach" in an email sent to affiliates, and vowed to investigate and "make sure these crimes are prosecuted to the full extent of the law".

insidethegames has asked Los Angeles 2028 for a comment with regards to Herrera's role on its Board.

The American city is due to host the Olympics for the third time and Paralympics for the first time in 2028.

Los Angeles City Council elections are due to take place on November 8.

As the legislative body for Los Angeles, the City Council is expected to play a significant role in the lead-up to the Olympics and Paralympics.

*** - Nury Martinez has not resigned from the city council, she has only resigned from her position as President.

SoFi Stadium

“The free lane will be located at entry nine of the stadium and can be accessed by fans through the Clear app.”

“Clear predominantly provides similar lanes at airports and arenas across the United States.”

"Partnering with Clear is a natural fit for us," said Jason Gannon, managing director of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park.”

"With a state-of-the-art building and a fan-first mentality, we are always looking to grow and enhance the guest experience and with the addition of partners like Clear, it brings us one step closer to delivering on that goal."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Karen Bass is currently leading Rick Caruso in the LA Mayoral by over 5%, and while the election has yet to be called, I think it's safe to say she will win at this point

This means she will get to receive the Olympic and Paralympic Flags from Anne Hidalgo in 2024, and should she run for and win re-election, her 2nd term would cover these LA Games.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Sir Rols said:

Was the proposed Slalom course in Sepulveda meant to be a permanent fixture? I always questioned the potential legacy of having a permanent one here... Oklahoma might be the best option for it considering they already have a course in place

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:08 AM, Bear said:

Was the proposed Slalom course in Sepulveda meant to be a permanent fixture? I always questioned the potential legacy of having a permanent one here... Oklahoma might be the best option for it considering they already have a course in place

I questioned the same thing. Riversport Rapids is more than capable. I`ve been to it in person and I`ve always thought it would be an ideal Olympics venue.

20 hours ago, stryker said:

I questioned the same thing. Riversport Rapids is more than capable. I`ve been to it in person and I`ve always thought it would be an ideal Olympics venue.

Except it's going to be like Tahiti for 2024.  It's like a distant outpost of all the Olympic action and fun; and once the event is done; that's it for Olympic excitement.  Done -- all for the cause of saving a few million $$s.  A really dumb move.  

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Except it's going to be like Tahiti for 2024.  It's like a distant outpost of all the Olympic action and fun; and once the event is done; that's it for Olympic excitement.  Done -- all for the cause of saving a few million $$s.  A really dumb move.  

More than a few million. There's no viable legacy for a whitewater course in LA. It would be a drain on the taxpayer probably to the point where it would eventually close and be added to the dreaded white elephant category. Oklahoma is also a lot closer than Tahiti. If the IOC and ICF want it that bad then LA should bill them for the costs. A better solution would be to drop whitewater canoeing along with bobsleigh from the OGs. Both are sports with high cost venues that are likely destined to be white elephants.

• Like 1