LA 2024 Welcome Possible Dual Olympic Award And Claim They Cannot Bid Again

GBModerator

Reporting From SwissTech Convention Center in Lausanne, Switzerland –  The message that a Los Angeles Olympics would “illuminate the future” was conveyed by LA Mayor Eric Garcetti and the LA 2024 Olympic bid delegation as they presented to most International Olympic Committee (IOC) members in Lausanne Tuesday. “Just as the Greeks used the sun to light […]

View the full article

This is one of those situations where reading the article and not just the headline is important.

In the story, you say "this could be the last attempt by Los Angeles to host the Games" and attribute a quote to Garcetti of “It will get increasingly difficult to turn around and to tell private citizens who helped fund this bid ‘oh let’s do it again’.”.  That doesn't sound like Claim They Cannot Bid Again.  So the headline is very misleading.

I would love to see what happens in that scenario where LA doesn't get either 2024 or 2028.  Don't think we'll see that, but still not buying that LA wouldn't make another run at this.  Difficult?  Sure.  Expensive?  Absolutely.  But again, as the old theory goes, when has LA ever not been interested in bidding for the Olympics?

I still laugh at Wasserman indirectly referring to Paris 2024 as giving "ultimatums". Yet at the same time giving "ultimatums" of his own. Not realizing (or more like conveniently ignoring) that the same circumstances that "could" prevent L.A. from bidding again, can also apply to Paris 2024. But of course it's just easier for him to paint Paris 2024 in that "negative light" a certain someone was touting about before.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FYI said:

I still laugh at Wasserman indirectly referring to Paris 2024 as giving "ultimatums". Yet at the same time giving "ultimatums" of his own. Not realizing (or more like conveniently ignoring) that the same circumstances that "could" prevent L.A. from bidding again, can also apply to Paris 2024. But of course it's just easier for him to paint Paris 2024 in that "negative light" a certain someone was touting about before.

I was thinking the exact same thing. So Paris 2024 is accused of giving ultimatums when they say they can only bid for 2024, but then when LA 2024 say they won't be bidding again that's not an ultimatum? 

Tsssssss...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FYI said:

Which reminds the constant denial of Puff and his ideological father Abrahamtroll with la la la rose glasses. Also, just for fun, the latest twitter posts, including an "objective" (ha) analysis of the reports of him, show clearly a full sense of desperation. He's still in the stuborn idea of "Paris referendum" against the Olympics (Which people mocked of him on twitter) and how the organization will be a mess. Indeed, he's losing his mind.