Report Says Deal In Works To Award Olympics To Paris in 2024, LA in 2028

GBModerator

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is reportedly negotiating with French and U.S. officials to reach an agreement that would see the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games awarded to Paris, sources familiar with the situation told The Wall Street Journal. A report published by the newspaper Tuesday said that representatives of Los Angeles’ bid to host the Games […]

View the full article

Why don't on IOC session in Lima to vote which candidate cities will host the 2014 edition and the lose have special privileged to choose to host 2028 or drop it?

5 hours ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

To be fair the whole LA vs Paris thing hasn't really energised this place that much either.

I beg to differ. You see the same people bitching and making the same points over and over again on any and every LA V Paris post. But other than those same people, yea the rest of us are bored and over it.

In a world which is more and more aware of the uselessness on the long term of hosting these, the IOC really doesn't get to choose anything. :P

Either way i'm glad Paris will host before L.A. Trump will hopefully be gone by then. 

4 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Trump will be gone... but the voters who elected him will (unfortunately) still be allowed to vote in 2024. I'd like to say we can't possibly do worse, but.....

If we as a nation could actually do worse than this, G-d help us all.