Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

What do you think the vote in Lima will be like?

Assuming they go through even one voting, what do you think the vote will be?

With 98 IOC members voting, my guess is: P - 62 to LA's 36

What's your guess? 

Edited by baron-pierreIV

There are currently 95 IOC members. With 88 of them eligible to vote for 2024. So if all of them show up in Peru, I believe the vote will go down similarly to what several polls internationally (including here on GB's) have indicated. With Paris taking 2/3rd's of the vote. And if last Sunday's French Presidential election is any indication, then that just reinforces the 2024 vote projections. 

3 hours ago, FYI said:

There are currently 95 IOC members. With 88 of them eligible to vote for 2024. So if all of them show up in Peru, I believe the vote will go down similarly to what several polls internationally (including here on GB's) have indicated. With Paris taking 2/3rd's of the vote. And if last Sunday's French Presidential election is any indication, then that just reinforces the 2024 vote projections. 

Oh, 88 (minus the US and French members)?   Then using my same, original allotments, I'd go Paris 57, LA 31.  

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Oh, 88 (minus the US and French members)?  

Yes, which would be five members in total. Then minus Bach (which he can't vote, unless there's a tie), & the former head of the 2024 Evaluation Committee (due to conflict of interest). 

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Oh, 88 (minus the US and French members)?   Then using my same, original allotments, I'd go Paris 57, LA 31.  

That's a good prospect of number