FIFA World Cup 2030: Morocco, Portugal & Spain (+ Uruguay, Argentina & Paraguay)

4 hours ago, SportLightning said:

If Saudi Arabia wins 2034 bid, it could lift ban on Alcohol in the kingdom according to their plans as part of Saudi Vision 2030.

No chance. The ultra conservative clerics will not allow it. That ranks right up rhere with the idea that stadiums in Mecca and Medina could be used given both cities are closed to non-Muslims.

This will be a dry WC, a gender segregated WC, and likely one where female spectators must dress conservatively if not be required to wear the abaya

I do wonder if the events in Israel might be causing FIFA to think "ok how much do we need to pay off the refs in the Israeli qualifiers to make sure they don't qualify."

China is still the wild card here. If they decide to bid they'd be the prohibitive favorite. If they decide to do so I think they will wait until the end of the Asian Games and Xi, one who likes the spotlight,will make the announcement. 

32 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

Your source includes a link to a tabloid journal in The Sun. This is not a reputable source. If this was under consideration, it would be in the Saudi press. It's not. The Kingdom is dry and it will stay dry as far as booze goes. You might want to look up how Saudi society is structured. The clerics hold sway.

Qatar was awarded their World Cup in December of 2010.  They had a 12 year lead up to their event and literally at the last possible minute, the alcohol issue was still at question.  Could easily see a similar situation happening here where FIFA is saying 1 thing and the Saudis are saying another and not until everyone shows up for the World Cup do we find out what's actually going on.  And you know sponsors like Budweiser having gone through this once already will be much more aware of what they're stepping into

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

Qatar was awarded their World Cup in December of 2010.  They had a 12 year lead up to their event and literally at the last possible minute, the alcohol issue was still at question.  Could easily see a similar situation happening here where FIFA is saying 1 thing and the Saudis are saying another and not until everyone shows up for the World Cup do we find out what's actually going on.  And you know sponsors like Budweiser having gone through this once already will be much more aware of what they're stepping into

This is an X factor that gets overlooked in the topic of a Saudi WC: Control. By the time the WC began in 2022, it was clear and it was reported in the media, that FIFA effectively lost control of their own tournament. When the alcohol decision came down, the tents were moved in the night before the news hit the press. Qatar made the move without talking to FIFA and made it clear the topic was not up for discussion.

The Saudis could easily do the same whether the issues are alcohol, gender segregation, women's dress, and at that point there is no recourse for FIFA to do anything. They cannot strip the WC over some broken promises on the eve of the tournament.  And the Saudis have an ace of spades card they've already played. A couple months ago the Saudi Minister of Sport (might've been the head of the Saudi Football Federation I don't recall) said any attempt to get Saudi Arabia to change their laws for the World Cup would amount to Islamaphobia. So they are already framing the argument that criticism of how the Saudis would handle a WC is not constructive but prejudiced towards Muslims.

2 hours ago, fusilli said:

God, this mega extra-continent edition makes look United'26 like a yard game already.

Although it's still to be seen if all of these nominees will finally make it.. starting from Argentina..:blink:

The 3 South American nations are each slated to only host 1 game apiece, so they're not exactly full participants.  And of the 3, the one I'm least concerned about is Argentina

2 hours ago, stryker said:

This is an X factor that gets overlooked in the topic of a Saudi WC: Control. By the time the WC began in 2022, it was clear and it was reported in the media, that FIFA effectively lost control of their own tournament. When the alcohol decision came down, the tents were moved in the night before the news hit the press. Qatar made the move without talking to FIFA and made it clear the topic was not up for discussion.

The Saudis could easily do the same whether the issues are alcohol, gender segregation, women's dress, and at that point there is no recourse for FIFA to do anything. They cannot strip the WC over some broken promises on the eve of the tournament.  And the Saudis have an ace of spades card they've already played. A couple months ago the Saudi Minister of Sport (might've been the head of the Saudi Football Federation I don't recall) said any attempt to get Saudi Arabia to change their laws for the World Cup would amount to Islamaphobia. So they are already framing the argument that criticism of how the Saudis would handle a WC is not constructive but prejudiced towards Muslims.

I've brought it up here before.  With the Olympics, the IOC treats it as their event, but they charge the organizing committee with running the show.  Whereas with the World Cup, FIFA gives much more authority to the host nation.  It's their event with FIFA giving them the guidelines.  Hence why FIFA and Qatar weren't on the same page and Qatar was so easily able to pull the switcheroo at the last minute.

One would think FIFA wouldn't want to make that same mistake again.  But it's clear they are very interested in holding this event in Saudi Arabia and who knows what concessions they'll make in order for that to happen.  The moment the envelope for Qatar was opened, there was no turning back for that same reason that any backlash against them would seem racially motivated.  I'm sure Saudi Arabia was watching 2022 very closely and designing their own playbook. 

• 2 months later...

I found the possible bid logo design for Morocco-Portugal-Spain 2030.

2030-world-cup-bid-logo%20(8).jpg

I heard reports that Morocco could have 19 venues in their bid including the most likely picks of Casablanca, Rabat, Tangier, Agadir, Marrakech and Fez. Which means Morocco will lead the joint bid.

Just realized that FIFA Men's WC 2030 will be the 3rd *bi-hemispheric, FIRST tri-continental, bi-seasonal sports event wherein 3 Opening games will be held in the South American winter in June/July 2030 after which the main body of games will then transfer to the northern summer of the Iberian peninsula and Morocco.  (And the first in which the major host, Spain, still will have two exclaves—Ceuta and Melilla—existing in the 3rd 2030 host country, Morocco.)

*Of course 1/16th of the 1956 Melbourne Olympics were the Equestrian held in Stockholm.  However, the events in Stockholm were never labelled as a subset of Melbourne 1956.  It was an aberration.  And Paris 2024 will have Surfing in Tahiti which is south of the equator too -- but both events will be held under the same flag. 

[I wonder which will be the 3 "sacrificial lamb" teams who will open with Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay' and then head off to Europe-Morocco to finish the tournament?  Would it be a riot if the 3 'guest" lambs were Spain, Portugal and Morocco? :wacko: ]

Edited by baron-pierreIV
x
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:30 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

Just realized that FIFA Men's WC 2030 will be the 3rd *bi-hemispheric, FIRST tri-continental, bi-seasonal sports event wherein 3 Opening games will be held in the South American winter in June/July 2030 after which the main body of games will then transfer to the northern summer of the Iberian peninsula and Morocco.  (And the first in which the major host, Spain, still will have two exclaves—Ceuta and Melilla—existing in the 3rd 2030 host country, Morocco.)

We already heard it before.

• Sir Rols changed the title to FIFA World Cup 2030: Morocco, Portugal & Spain (+ Uruguay, Argentina & Paraguay)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The bid logo and slogan has been finalized. The Yalla Vamos 2030 bid website and social media pages have been launched.

https://yallavamos2030.com/en

Social media pages:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61553930475683 (Facebook)

https://www.instagram.com/yallavamos2030/ (Instagram)

https://www.youtube.com/@yallavamos2030 (YouTube)

The website is available in five languages of Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.

• 2 weeks later...

Spain's chances of hosting the final for the event in Madrid is facing scrutiny over recent troubles from their former president of their football federation, means Morocco could host the final in Casablanca.

I don't see in what world Morocco will host the final. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm giving no more than a 5% chance. Without this absurdity of screwing up 3 matches in South America (next to Infantino, Thomas Bach is a saint), Morocco could however have been the logical candidate to have the opening match, but that will not be the case.

What seems likely to me:
- final and small final in Spain
- semi-final in Portugal
- the other semi-final in Morocco

We can, if necessary, put the small finale in Portugal or Morocco in order to better balance. But I don't see in what world Morocco will have the final.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 3:50 AM, SportLightning said:

Spain's chances of hosting the final for the event in Madrid is facing scrutiny over recent troubles from their former president of their football federation, means Morocco could host the final in Casablanca.

Like your prediction as Asuncion as host of the Pan Am Games?

Just in case - in 2034 the event will be in Saudi Arabia and you think the actions of Rubiales, who was sacked and is currently on process, will have any effect? Please, be serious.