What if war breaks out before Feb 2018?

FWIW, seemingly out of no where North Korean athletes have started to compete in skiing events across the globe, presumably in the hopes of qualifying for the 2018 Games. If this is the case, why invest in athletes if they know they will be warring during games time?

It's the same old rethoric every year, only to get back to the Status Quo. Everybody knows a war in the peninsula will be catastrophic for both sides. And to be fair, for what i've seen, even most south koreans not only gave up in Reunification long ago but rather prefer that never happens.

Remember the economic problems Germany had to carry once they reunified with the East? Well, this will be the same but on Steroids. Not mentioning China would definitely not want an humanitarian crisis with refugees.

16 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

It's the same old rethoric every year, only to get back to the Status Quo. Everybody knows a war in the peninsula will be catastrophic for both sides. And to be fair, for what i've seen, even most south koreans not only gave up in Reunification long ago but rather prefer that never happens.

It is the north that wants reunification now. I had a South Korean roommate and he wished that the two countries would just completely ignore each other: no reunification and no threats of war.

To be honest I can understand this. What is important is that the Korean people prosper and are able to see family across the border. Not that the Korean states themselves reunify.

Normally one wouldn't care about these petty fights about the nuclear tests. Problem is the American president has shown us these last week to be a trigger happy maniac. 

The nuclear test is supossed to hapen either today or tomorrow (it' already Day of the Sun in NK). China already movilized their troops to the border and Japan is preparing for a possible evacuation of their citizens from SK. 

If the worse happens I seriously don't want to be either NK or SK after tomorrow.

Trump is not a "trigger happy maniac".  You need to look at the facts.  Syria went against the Geneva Convention with the use of chemical weapons.  The vast majority of the world agrees with what the USA did.  As for Afghanistan, the only way to defeat ISIS and save our boots on the ground is to get rid of some of the tunnels.  That is exactly what the MOAB was designed for.  Not one civilian was killed in the action.

If you are so knowledgeable, what would you do to defeat ISIS and stop the chemical killing.  Have people kiss each other and promise to be friends (like some in Hollywood want)?  That did not work when Syria promised to get rid of all chemical weapons.

Off my high horse now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovecruisingtoo said:

Trump is not a "trigger happy maniac".  You need to look at the facts.  Syria went against the Geneva Convention with the use of chemical weapons.  The vast majority of the world agrees with what the USA did.  As for Afghanistan, the only way to defeat ISIS and save our boots on the ground is to get rid of some of the tunnels.  That is exactly what the MOAB was designed for.  Not one civilian was killed in the action.

If you are so knowledgeable, what would you do to defeat ISIS and stop the chemical killing.  Have people kiss each other and promise to be friends (like some in Hollywood want)?  That did not work when Syria promised to get rid of all chemical weapons.

Off my high horse now.

Fox News is strong with this one. 

• Like 4

Yet he openly threatens NK of taking actions and said he's going to abandon Obama previous strategy of patience. And we all know he's just doing it for the polls. He never gave a damn for world peace, justice and all that jazz. 

Also, it's a known fact ISIS has done many false flags on these last years to try gaining the sympathy of people. I know Assad is an horrible person but to be honest I support no one in that conflict because both sides are horrible and whoever wins, syrians lose. 

I don't think, if fact I know, that we don't all think President Trump is doing things for the polls.  Look at what the Obama strategy of patience has gotten us - a NK with nuclear capability, a NK that is close to having an ICBM that can deliver a nuclear weapon to the US, a NK that openly murders a relative.  Yes, that strategy of patience was definitely helping to make the US a safer place to be.

If you ask many people why they decided not to go to the SK Olympics, it was not because of lack of hotels (most did not even check into hotel availability), lack of transportation or lack of tickets.  It was because of the tensions in the region.  Many of those tensions are a direct result of the Obama strategy of patience.

• Like 1

Pff,,,yeah, as if Obama was the sole person to blame for it. I would like to hear what other American president has done about the NK issue.

And let's not even talk about China. The PRC Government is literally to blame for having supported and aided that bonkers regime for decades. (and still kind of do it though they're starting to backpedal when they realized Un is a manchild worse than his dad and grandad)

4 hours ago, lovecruisingtoo said:

I don't think, if fact I know, that we don't all think President Trump is doing things for the polls.  Look at what the Obama strategy of patience has gotten us - a NK with nuclear capability, a NK that is close to having an ICBM that can deliver a nuclear weapon to the US, a NK that openly murders a relative.  Yes, that strategy of patience was definitely helping to make the US a safer place to be.

If you ask many people why they decided not to go to the SK Olympics, it was not because of lack of hotels (most did not even check into hotel availability), lack of transportation or lack of tickets.  It was because of the tensions in the region.  Many of those tensions are a direct result of the Obama strategy of patience.

[sarcasm]That makes sense.  Because it's not like there were tensions in the region before Obama was president.  Or people who have skipped a South Korean Olympics because of political strife.[\sarcasm]