Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

On 7/1/2022 at 5:45 AM, TorchbearerSydney said:

Which Olympic Flag was that ...the rings are around the wrong way?

But the Oly flag at Opening was hoisted the wrong way.  The mistake was seen briefly on camera -- but they cut away when the mistake was discovered.  The flag was lowered off-camera and then raised again the right way. I guess Sarajevo 84's flag handlers must've been dyslexic.  :lol:  Are we Jugos or are we Serbs??  Which is right side up? Are we Christians or are we muslims? 

And don't forget that the Lake Placid delegation almost did NOT hand over that Oslo flag to the Sarajevo COJO in the Opening because the Jugo COJO billeted the Lake Placid bank in private homes and did NOT inform the LP Director of Ceremonies.  I guess that discombobulated the Sarajevo flag handlers?? 

This weekend the Mediterranean Games began in Oran, Algeria. Opening Ceremony was quite decent and it felt a lot like a pre-pandemic ceremony. We're almost getting there...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

You can rewatch many parts of yesterday's Commonwealth Games opening here

If someone knows where can I find the complete ceremony in high quality please don't shy away from sending me a PM. Thank you!

God damnit, they obviously monitor this thread! If you're going to force unofficial footage off YouTube the least you can do is make an official version available. Hell, even the IOC do that :angry:

On 8/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, yoshi said:

God damnit, they obviously monitor this thread! If you're going to force unofficial footage off YouTube the least you can do is make an official version available. Hell, even the IOC do that :angry:

And i'm still waiting for some gentle soul to post Victoria and Kuala Lumpur ceremonies. They're so extremely difficult to find.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, yoshi said:

I think the problem is that "official" versions are available- from the local rights-holding broadcasters