Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

Posted (edited)

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "Get Me to the Church on Time" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was my website - The Pan American Games Fan Pages!  Thanks for remembering it. I'm glad somebody appreciated my work.  I'm sad, too, that it was lost - I was very proud of it.  I loved watching t

The French have this proclivity to do strange things with their ceremonies.  And they like to do outdoor/"theatre in the streets."   1.  weird Albertville 1992 ceremonies 2. Med Games 1993 -

Here is NBC's coverage of Cathy Freeman's Race. One of the Great Moments In Olympic History  

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "I'm Getting Married in the Morning" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

The other tune is the theme song from the television show "Bonanza".

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After 3 years, we can see the highights of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony.

According to me, a BRILLIANT ceremony! An example to follow to make "small TV oriented" ceremonies. A great job!!!

Still waiting the full version.

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, TorchbearerSydney said:

The Gold Coast Opening was a low budget, relaxed triumph...and then the Closing was an absolute train wreck....that was sad  :(

I have never seen anything about the Gold Coast 2018 Closing Ceremony...

The closing didn't even highlighted the athletes at all which were the real stars of the games. And then there was that dreadful Birminghan handover.

/\  Copied from the Melbourne 2006 and Glasgow 2014 openings -- showing all the people and all walks of life in the city.  Good camera work.  Rap portion, as always -- stupid and a total turn-off.  

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

14 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

I already posted that, but thanks for re-posting it.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

On 4/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

The COMPLETE Opening Ceremony of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. COMPLETE and UNCUT. ENJOY!

Home video of the 2011 Winter World University Games Opening Ceremony in Erzurum, Turkey.