Jump to content

Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "Get Me to the Church on Time" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "I'm Getting Married in the Morning" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

The other tune is the theme song from the television show "Bonanza".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

After 3 years, we can see the highights of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony.

According to me, a BRILLIANT ceremony! An example to follow to make "small TV oriented" ceremonies. A great job!!!

Still waiting the full version.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, TorchbearerSydney said:

The Gold Coast Opening was a low budget, relaxed triumph...and then the Closing was an absolute train wreck....that was sad  :(

 I have never seen anything about the Gold Coast 2018 Closing Ceremony...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

 

I already posted that, but thanks for re-posting it.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

 

The COMPLETE Opening Ceremony of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. COMPLETE and UNCUT. ENJOY!

Home video of the 2011 Winter World University Games Opening Ceremony in Erzurum, Turkey.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The IOC had added two new ceremony videos to its official website (NOT its youtube channel)

Highlights of the CBS broadcast of the Squaw Valley 1960 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony hosted by Walter Cronkite:

https://olympics.com/en/video/squaw-valley-1960-opening-ceremony

The Moscow 1980 Opening Ceremony (just the protocol part - not the cultural part):

https://olympics.com/en/video/opening-ceremony-moscow-1980

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The Opening Ceremony held on the final match of the UEFA Championship 2021.

May 19, 2021.

I think the first Opening Ceremony completely virtual (or not?). A new way to make ceremonies due to the pandemic situation.

Do you like it? Do you think is it a transitory style or it will be a new tendency to make ceremonies?

Performers: Khalid and Selena Gomez.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The smell of desperation of UEFA to get the attention from the American audience/market can be felt even from my screen. Even before the pandemic I already hated how the CL ceremonies became mini-Superbowl Halftime Shows ever since 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Opening Ceremony of the Stade de France in early 1998. Heavy use of projections, pretty good considering this show long predates when projections started to be heavily used in ceremonies (blame Doha 2006 for that)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...