Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

On 10/24/2018 at 7:35 AM, TorchbearerSydney said:

Invictus Games Opening- worst ceremony EVER..I am embarrassed for my city and country...D List celebrities, endless mindless chatter, patronising interviews, speeches galore- all on the most amazing setting ever, the Opera House steps.

C R I N G E

Let's see if the closing is better or not 

Invictus Games Sydney 2018 

Closing 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

A slightly early festive present (because I suspect I'm going to have to spend the next fortnight arguing against a takedown notice- so get it while you can just in case ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyX90VnWAzw

Ah ... Does that mean the video embedding system has been changed?

What you get if you follow that link is my recreation, from dozens of videos found online, of the London 2012 Olympic opening warmup and pre-show. It's not entirely beautiful, but as usual it's very informative.

3 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Ah ... Does that mean the video embedding system has been changed?

What you get if you follow that link is my recreation, from dozens of videos found online, of the London 2012 Olympic opening warmup and pre-show. It's not entirely beautiful, but as usual it's very informative.

Very interesting make up with the various broadcast holders compilation synchronized! Thank you for mashing it up! I find it interesting seeing the chronology of the Opening Ceremony from back then like when CCTV5 was the first to get there inside the Olympic Stadium hours before it officially opened. Must've had a very lengthy warm up and pre-Olympic Opening Ceremony program on that day when it started showing the setting up. Right when the first cows came out onto the stadium to start the rural Britain countryside segment and subsequentially setting things up and getting situated. Was CCTV-5 the only broadcaster worldwide to show the pre-show? You would expect the host broadcaster--the Beeb in this case--do likewise. NBC never gives that much care towards this. 

Gotta tell you when the CTV-led Canadian Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium opened its coverage with the Opening Ceremony moments to start from a YouTube clip I saw a few years ago, it began with their cameras showing only the Olympic Stadium's upper levels like the roof because of the said embargo from showing what's going on the ground until it starts. Looking back at it now, it was just to tease the Canadian viewers as to maintain an element of surprise. Don't know how the likes of Nine in Australia, SKY/Prime in New Zealand, RTE2 in Ireland, Globo/SporTV in Brazil, NRK in Norway, Netherlands' NOS, among many others, presented theirs as to how far it did like the broadcasters involved in the video with the moments prior to the Opening Ceremony.  

8 hours ago, Durban Sandshark said:

Very interesting make up with the various broadcast holders compilation synchronized! Thank you for mashing it up! I find it interesting seeing the chronology of the Opening Ceremony from back then like when CCTV5 was the first to get there inside the Olympic Stadium hours before it officially opened. Must've had a very lengthy warm up and pre-Olympic Opening Ceremony program on that day when it started showing the setting up. Right when the first cows came out onto the stadium to start the rural Britain countryside segment and subsequentially setting things up and getting situated. Was CCTV-5 the only broadcaster worldwide to show the pre-show? You would expect the host broadcaster--the Beeb in this case--do likewise. NBC never gives that much care towards this. 

Gotta tell you when the CTV-led Canadian Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium opened its coverage with the Opening Ceremony moments to start from a YouTube clip I saw a few years ago, it began with their cameras showing only the Olympic Stadium's upper levels like the roof because of the said embargo from showing what's going on the ground until it starts. Looking back at it now, it was just to tease the Canadian viewers as to maintain an element of surprise. Don't know how the likes of Nine in Australia, SKY/Prime in New Zealand, RTE2 in Ireland, Globo/SporTV in Brazil, NRK in Norway, Netherlands' NOS, among many others, presented theirs as to how far it did like the broadcasters involved in the video with the moments prior to the Opening Ceremony.  

No broadcaster really showed the pre-show in 2012, but any broadcaster with cameras in the stadium had the opportunity to give glimpses, as you can see from the French, Spanish and Japanese elements in my video.  As for the "embargo"- that sounds like use of the OBS feed, which carefully maintained its focus on the spectators after arriving in the stadium for "Nimrod"- while the BBC uses its own cameras to give more complete coverage, as it had, very sparingly, over the previous couple of hours.

PS: The Chinese build-up to the event on the CCTV5 sports channel started at breakfast on 27 July. That's breakfast Chinese time, giving a good 20 hours of anticipation-building!

• 1 month later...

I've been emailing the Olympic Channel every few months to get an explanation as to why certain OC videos were taken down and while others have remained. I finally got an explanation. 

Their reply:

With regard to Opening Ceremonies, we are not the media rights owner for all of the years. As such, we are unfortunately not able to post all Opening Ceremony videos that may exist.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Olympic Channel

I am guessing that they got permission to post some of them for a certain period of time, and then have to remove them.

I think this also eliminates any hope of seeing any new ones posted anytime soon (The last one added, Innsbruck 1976 was many, many months ago).

1 hour ago, BTHarner said:

I've been emailing the Olympic Channel every few months to get an explanation as to why certain OC videos were taken down and while others have remained. I finally got an explanation. 

Their reply:

With regard to Opening Ceremonies, we are not the media rights owner for all of the years. As such, we are unfortunately not able to post all Opening Ceremony videos that may exist.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Olympic Channel

I am guessing that they got permission to post some of them for a certain period of time, and then have to remove them.

I think this also eliminates any hope of seeing any new ones posted anytime soon (The last one added, Innsbruck 1976 was many, many months ago).

Can see why the Moscow 1980 isn't one of them because the Soviet Union obivously, and perhaps Innervision, no longer exists and the IOC never held the rights to that because the apparatus for Olympic broadcasting and footage hadn't exist. On the other hand, a higher quality and complete Moscow 1980 Opening Ceremony has yet to be seen by many of us on You Tube. The Brazilian one the guy uploaded with the yellowish-green bad color lens from TV Cultura is not around anymore; like to see it again though. Has the Olympic Channel actually showed the Los Angeles and Seoul's OC? Because I keep seeing it get taken off despite it being ABC and KBS/MBC broadcasts, respectively, and the other LA one being Brazil's Globo with IOC copyright claims   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the Opening ceremony of the Special Olympics 2019 held in Abu Dhabi, UAE on March 14 at Zayed Sports City stadium.

At the final of the ceremony, the offical song performed by Ryan Tender, Luis Fonsi, Avril Lavinge, Hussain Al Jassmi, Assala Nasri and Tamer Hosny.

Here is available the Opening ceremony of the FIFA World Cup 2018 held in Moscow, Russia at Lushniki Stadium on June 14.

Participation of Ronaldo and the performance of Robbie Williams featuring the soprano Aida Garofulina.

I don't know if I can say "enjoy it", since i't the worst Opening ceremony ever held for a world sport event... Anyway... "Enjoy!"

They managed to actually make the 2014 World Cup opening good. It's even worse than I remember. Is dissapointing the football ceremonies in recent years have been trying too hard to look like Superbowl halftime shows (ever since 2016 all Champions League finals have been turned into glorified concerts of american singers instead of actually depicting the culture of the host country).

Also it's a bit of a letdown we're in 2019 and still no videos of either the 1994 or 1998 opening ceremonies of the commonwealth games. And I think it has been mostly a matter of laziness from uploaders rather than material not being available, since I often find fragments of the 1998 closing (though its much harder to find ones of the opening).

As we look ahead to the Lima 2019 Pan Ams here is a look back to Toronto 2015. (I know they are labeled parts 2 thru 5 - the actual part 1 is 15 minutes of the CBC theme song over and over and nothing else.)

First we have CBC's intro to the Toronto 2015 Opening Ceremony in four parts hosted by Scott Russell and Peter Mansbridge:

And second we have the CBC Intro and Sign-off with final montage from the Closing Ceremony hosted by Scott Russell, Andi Petrillo and Perdita Felicien: