Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

No, the above is quite genuine, but it's just another version of things -- possible out-takes from Leni's version or other sources.  These don't look like the best shots, hence Leni didn't use them; and it doesn't mean that the Closing Ceremony footage in "Olympia" (which has been awhile since I've seen it) isn't genuine.  She was the Official videographer of those Games, so why should she have fake stuff?  (Yeah, yeah, she faked early parts of the Torch Run; but I think that's another story.)  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

So, I was idly looking at Wikipedia to see what kind of multi-sport events are still to come in 2017 & discovered that this thread will get rather busy rather soon - there are 6 multi-sport events holding opening ceremonies between 14 & 23 July. They are:

World Aquatics Championship - Budapest - 14 July

Deaflympics - Samsun (Turkey) - 18 July 

Commonwealth Youth Games - Bahamas - 19 July 

World Games - Wroclaw (Poland) - 20 July 

Francophonie Games - Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) - 21 July 

European Youth Olympic Festival - Gyor (Hungary) - 23 July 

It's like a huge minor ceremonies Magyar sandwich - & even more remarkable is that apart from the closing of the Commonwealth Youth Games on the 23rd, all the other 5 closing ceremonies are scheduled for July 30 :lol:

• Like 1

Tons of Maccabiah opening ceremonies here..

12th Maccabiah 1985

13th Maccabiah 1989

20th Maccabiah 2017

And as a bonus.. European Maccabi Games Berlin 2015

I think I just died and went to heaven!  Ladies and Gentlemen, WestNackTwins has just posted on youtube two of the holy grails of Olympic style ceremonies:

TBS complete coverage of the 1986 Goodwill Games Opening Ceremony live from Lenin Central Stadium in Moscow! (BTW he? has posted TBS entire coverage of the games on youtube!

And I've waited forty years for this moment: The complete CBS coverage of the 1987 Pan American Games in Indianapolis - all 6 broadcasts including the COMPLETE OPENING CEREMONY AT THE INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY!!!!!!!!! I knew someone had to have tapes of these somewhere! HOORAYYYYYYYYY!

And as a bonus someone else posted a new clip of CBS coverage of the 1979 Pan American Games featuring coverage of the boxing competition:

On 5 July 2017 at 0:25 PM, yoshi said:

So, I was idly looking at Wikipedia to see what kind of multi-sport events are still to come in 2017 & discovered that this thread will get rather busy rather soon - there are 6 multi-sport events holding opening ceremonies between 14 & 23 July. They are:

World Aquatics Championship - Budapest - 14 July

Deaflympics - Samsun (Turkey) - 18 July 

Commonwealth Youth Games - Bahamas - 19 July 

World Games - Wroclaw (Poland) - 20 July 

Francophonie Games - Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) - 21 July 

European Youth Olympic Festival - Gyor (Hungary) - 23 July 

It's like a huge minor ceremonies Magyar sandwich - & even more remarkable is that apart from the closing of the Commonwealth Youth Games on the 23rd, all the other 5 closing ceremonies are scheduled for July 30 :lol:

And this is opening ceremony number 1 of 6:

8 hours ago, yoshi said:

And this is opening ceremony number 1 of 6:

Halfway watching the 2017 FINA World Aquatics Championships Opening Ceremony. What's up with the Hungarian national anthem audio being muted in this video clip while raising the flag and honoring past Hungarian aquatics champs? There can't be a Hungarian national law against broadcasting it?

The brief 4-minute 2017 UEFA Euro Women's Opening Ceremony in Utrecht, Netherlands yesterday at Stadion Geigenwaard, the home of FC Utrecht with Dutch singer Sharon Doorsen singing the official theme song "Fire" before the Oranje Women's 1-0 win against Norway (aka the Grasshoppers). Does leave something to be desired. A song and that's it? Don't know who the MC and the two female DJs are called. I'll find out. Just more bare-bones as to what we've seen lately in this era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9s_g0b_qIc

You don't have to be a grump, Baron. Last time I checked there weren't rules about what kind of ceremonies one could post here.

And lets be honest, at this point almost all ceremonies of major events are already online. So its just natural one wants to find the oddities, for a change. 

• Like 1

It's nearly that anniversary date again, and as promised, I have done something vaguely interesting with my database of videos of the firework finale of the London 2012 Olympic opening ceremony. This way to a clickable map of around 280 videos:

http://www.pastpresented.ukart.com/marksnow/fireworkmap2012.htm

I hope to add videos of the firework preparations and rehearsals once I'm sure the basic concept works. If you find the basic concept is not working, please let me know!

Since we're now at the 25th anniversary mark of the 1992 Barcelona Summer Olympics, would you believe? This would be a really good time to finally have that RTVE's Barcelona 1992 Pre-Opening Ceremony show that was live for almost 2.5 hours before the OC's start. It had Sergio Sauca and Maria Escario at the TVE newsstudio in Madrid (or were they in Bracleona?) before sending it to and empty but later filling up Montjuic Olympic Stadium to Olga Viza and Matias Prats. Much of Spain was excited because it like counting down to Christmas morning, needless to say! Giving a preview of what was to come with interviews with IOC president and hometown hero Juan Antonio Samaranch, the basketball players Jordi Villacampa and the Jofresa twins Tomas and Rafael, swimmer Nuria Castello (from Angel Orte), and Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras, Monteserrat Caballe, and Ryuichi Sakamoto; Pedro Barthe's report on where the athletes will be holed before their turn to march at the Palau Sant Jordi with the gymnastics set; Jesus Alvarez at the media zone near the VIP area, and Spanish Olympians at the Olympic Village before heading to the Stadium. Like, there's also the matter of the Olympic kits spectators get upon being at the Stadium:

And then there's once again there's footage of the Athens 2004 Pre-Opening Ceremony show co-hosted by Nikos Aliagas and Thalia Prokopiou, televised only on ERT, that starts out by poking fun at the notorious construction delays plaguing the Athens Olympic venues and other essential systems at the time. Reiterated with allusions to Syrtaki Now more in full, but we don't get to see the complete end here with Aliagas going back to the beginning by tapping with the hammer at the stage to declare the pre-show is over because the footage ends at around 28:38. Musical performances by Michalis Chatzigiannis, Giannis Kotsiras with "Pass The Flame" as the official torch song, and Areti Katime with her Aegean Sea folk song to close out things with behind the scenes footage of the backstage prep for the costumes and makeup for the Opening Ceremony. Plus there's the beginning of that Opening Ceremony many of us already have seen:

CBC Television has posted several clips of its live coverage of the 1967 Pan American Games in Winnipeg on the CBC Archives portion of its website, all in color!

First is a nice 10 minute look at highlights of the opening ceremony - the parade of nations and the official speeches by the head of the Pan American Games Society (organizing committee), PASO President Jose Clark Flores, and HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh:

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/1967-pan-am-games-open-in-winnipeg

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/harry-jerome-wins-gold-at-the-1967-pan-am-games

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/elaine-tanner-wins-gold-and-a-world-record-at-the-1967-pan-am-games

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/swimmer-elaine-mighty-mouse-tanner-at-the-1967-pan-am-games