Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

/\/\  Maybe it's bandwidth limitations on the IOC's servers?  After all, as in anyone's storage or warehouse, there comes a time when it fills up and you have to throw some things away.  WHy do you need to see all 81 nations at Moscow 1980 again?  The lists of who boycotted, etc., can be found in Wiki.  Why do you have to see the actual footage, esp. if you had already seen it before,  You could probably visit the RFOlympic's offices in Moscow if you want them that badly.  ;)

Closing ceremony of the 2003 SEA Games in Hanoi (Vietnam). Next week Vietnam hosts the SEA Games again, an edition which, much like others, has been delayed/received budget cuts due to this tiresome pandemic.

For what I read it seems they are taking the Beijing route and will implement usage of LED in the floor. 

I am so glad I finally had the chance to see the 1982 Asian Games ceremonies. India put on first-rate ceremonies. The influence of the Moscow Olympic ceremonies was obvious - from the very similar sign boards and the national dances after the protocol, to the farewell to the mascot at the closing ceremony.  And of course the musical ride and the martial bands hearken back to the influence of British culture in India as well. Interesting as well to see a pre-OCA ceremony and compare it to the later OCA sanctioned ceremonies.  I have to say, also, that the Indian public broadcaster, Dardooshan, whose feed these are from, did an excellent job of televising them as well. Considering these were among their very first color telecasts, there were hardly any technical glitches, the sound was loud and clear, and the pictures were beautiful.

Not a big fan of the huge use of VR in this ceremony. Hard to tell what's really happening in the stadium or isn't at times. Then again I know these SEA Games budget were severely affected due to the pandemic so I guess they tried to go for some alternate routes. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:42 AM, zigzag said:

SEA GAMES 31 Opening Ceremony are starting as of this post, this stream is the fullest tho, it even has the preshow

The ceremony was better than other we have seen in Pandemic times. Nevertheless, I didn't like the abuse of enhanced reality- As Ikarus said, it doesn't give you an idea of what is happening on the stage.

The shoots were not good enough and many segments, such the lighting hats, couldn't be seen as it is seen in pictures for example. Good showlights, but anyway a good attempt to improve pandemic ceremonies...

/\/\ Great find, Nacho, and thanks for posting it.  It gave me shivers seeing it again.  I remember it as if it were yesterday.  When I was standing there (with one of the Blue Drum Tower crews), and as the first notes were playing, I felt those shivers down my spine -- there we were commemorating the 100th anniversary of the modern era Ganes -- and still connecting with a tradition over 2,000 years old!!  I am SO GLAD I did it!!  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 2

Vangelis has left us, as he passed away at the age of 79. Besides his many soundtracks and contribution to music, he is also remembered for his work in the 1997 IAAF Opening Ceremonies, and the handover to Athens 2004 in Sydney. 

R.I.P.

Another finding thanks to the algoritm:

A volunteer footage from the Opening day of Beijing 2022, behind scenes.

It's interesting to see the Opening from another point of view and see how soulless it was, despite the cutting-edge technology used in the ceremony... The second -and, I think and hope,  the last - "Pandemic ceremony"... one of the "sister ceremonies" as I call to Tokyo 2020 (2021) and Beijing 2022...

Ceremony for the final of Champions League, held at the Stade the France in Saint Dennis, France on May 28, 2022.

Final between Liverpool and Real madrid, where this last one beat Liverpool 1-0.

A performance made by Camila Cabello.

Even 30 years after, Barcelona '92 style is still present in nowadays ceremonies and this is a clear example of this.