Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

Never understand why people do this for events like this.  It's usually absolute nobodies who would only benefit from such publicity anyway rather than it causing them financial harm.    Guess they hope for a settlement and a quick buck but they're usually come across as sour and selfish with an extreme over estimation of their own importance.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, Brekkie Boy said:

Never understand why people do this for events like this.  It's usually absolute nobodies who would only benefit from such publicity anyway rather than it causing them financial harm.    Guess they hope for a settlement and a quick buck but they're usually come across as sour and selfish with an extreme over estimation of their own importance.

Actually, my own comment in the previous post gives me an idea to get in touch w/ my IOC contact and tell them of my idea to just cut out her portion -- and therefore, they are NOT beholden to her.  

Opening Ceremony of 47th Thailand National Games "Sisaket Games"
(First Thailand National Games in COVID-19 Pandemic)
5th March 2022 at New Sisaket Provincial Stadium.
(This coverage of Livestream is all Thai Language from T-Sports 7 Channel)

"The New Normal of Opening Ceremony with less or without Firework."

15 minutes ago, HeisPongsatorn said:

What a horrible ceremony... why bother!!!!!

That cauldron lighting was just stupid

On 3/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, Scotguy II said:

What a horrible ceremony... why bother!!!!!

That cauldron lighting was just stupid

Thank you for your comment.

For the Cauldron lighting, I think so too bro. 

PS I think this Opening Ceremony uses a local production team to make this ceremony(Sorry, I'm unknown who produced this ceremony), not like in 2018(using a professional production team name Bangkok Exhibition) and the results is different.

On 3/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, HeisPongsatorn said:

Thank you for your comment.

For the Cauldron lighting, I think so too bro. 

PS I think this Opening Ceremony uses a local production team to make this ceremony(Sorry, I'm unknown who produced this ceremony), not like in 2018(using a professional production team name Bangkok Exhibition) and the results is different.

If you agreed that it is a horrible production, why did you bother to post it here?  We're kinda hoping to spend our time on QUALITY Ceremonies -- not subpar ones.  Please note for the future.  Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 1:46 AM, HeisPongsatorn said:

we definitely come back to the 80s

1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

A REAL 80s ceremony. As it is original from the 80s, it's a valuable material!

Sarajevo '84 Opening Ceremony Olympic Winter Games.

Held on February 8, 1984 at Kosevo Stadium.

Broadcast of ABC.

Love it :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 5:29 AM, Nacholympic said:

A REAL 80s ceremony. As it is original from the 80s, it's a valuable material!

Sarajevo '84 Opening Ceremony Olympic Winter Games.

Held on February 8, 1984 at Kosevo Stadium.

Broadcast of ABC.

You're welcome. :D

Someone uploaded it (although with commercial ads) years ago but sadly their account was taken down. I happened to have it saved so I edited it removing the commercial ads and reuploaded since, because of the terrible war which happened in the 90s, a lot of files were lost and finding the original footage seem to be almost impossible (given most of the HD images we've seen is from documentals which used a different footage).

I've also reuploaded Nagano Paralympics opening. Sadly most of the cultural performances were lost but i managed to salvage most of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I've also reuploaded Nagano Paralympics opening. Sadly most of the cultural performances were lost but i managed to salvage most of it.

This is awesome either way

---

Does anyone happen to have the full (or at least mostly complete) videos for the Atlanta Paralympic OC or the Torino Paralympic OC?

At least!!!!

The full replay of the Tokyo 2020 (+1) Opening Ceremony.

A ceremony that has been overcritized, but I think it will be taking its value as the time passes by...

A unique ceremony: historical because of the moment when it was held.

Even though the problems of organization and the extreme restrictions it had, the ceremony depicted one of the sadest moment in our recent history and it is reflected in its mourning tone.

• Haha 1

The only good thing of this ceremony (Tokyo's) is that it made me value the Nagano ceremonies more. Don't get me wrong, they were still very simplistic, but after many years i've started to appreciate its peacefulness and how it focused heavily in the culture of the japanese countryside.

The fireworks at the closing ceremony (made by traditional fireworks makers which are still spectacular today)were for me the top moment of the closing.

I wish we could live in an alternate world where Dentsu and Covid didn't fucked up the Tokyo ceremonies. :( At least, if Sapporo wins (which for the moment seems to be the most plausible scenario) they will have a second chance to get it right. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Palette86 said:

The video has been very interesting. I found the square stage was almost as same as the one of Tokyo 2020's closing ceremony.

不評の五輪閉会式で、「東京音頭」のベタさがウケた謎 | 女子SPA!

Nagano stage was partially based after a Sumo ring, to keep with the use of traditional elements at their opening. The pillars weren't there originally, as they were raised at the start of the show (the Onbashira tradition is actually much more dangerous outside of what they did in the stadium, since they often pull the logs through crazy places such as rivers and steep slopes)

en_new_art_20211223_03.jpg

The circle at the center could also be raised thanks to hydraulics. It was used a couple of times during both opening and closing ceremonies.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1

Amateur recording of Kuala Lumpur 98 ceremonies, mostly focusing on the human screen (one of the most elusive ceremonies out there, so far no one has posted the full thing yet at Youtube except for the parade of nation)

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Amateur recording of Kuala Lumpur 98 ceremonies, mostly focusing on the human screen (one of the most elusive ceremonies out there, so far no one has posted the full thing yet at Youtube except for the parade of nation)

Now, that's called teamwork!   Of course, today, with Covid and all that. this is no longer possible to do.  Too bad, with LED screens, this is an art which has died out.  

On 4/15/2022 at 12:24 AM, Nacholympic said:

At least!!!!

The full replay of the Tokyo 2020 (+1) Opening Ceremony.

A ceremony that has been overcritized, but I think it will be taking its value as the time passes by...

A unique ceremony: historical because of the moment when it was held.

Even though the problems of organization and the extreme restrictions it had, the ceremony depicted one of the sadest moment in our recent history and it is reflected in its mourning tone.

About freakin' time! We waited almost a year for the IOC/OBS to upload the official world broadcast feed version to be available--with some of the full events already posted by now and much quicker after its conclusion. Why the delay? Beijing has its own OC uploaded right afterwards this February by the IOC/OBS. To me, this is a sadder, more restrictive, and more somber one and will be remembered for obvious reasons and context with a particular Japan context. Makes you wonder if there wasn't a pandemic, this would obviously be a lot more lively with the pro-Japan crowd participation inside the National Stadium (and less formal than in 1964).  

On another note, it's much too bad we don't have the full Moscow 1980 Opening Ceremony on YouTube anymore with the full 81-nation parade of nations taken from Soviet TV (TB CCCP). Not to mention the opening looks of Moscow starting with the Soviet flag flying in the wind before cutting to Lenin Stadium at the start and then to Moscow City Hall with the tail end of the torch relay with those group of synchrunners that we already saw on the Australian (Seven Network) and Brazilian (TV Cultura) broadcasts uploaded on YouTube. Saw the IOC version on its website recently but it omits much of that, if I recall. Wish the full version stayed on and I would've liked to download and burn on my Blu-Rays.