Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

9 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Finally some decent videos of the ceremony. This was also my first Pan Am Games opening which I watched, back before they started going over the top with them like the Olympics.

The 1999 ceremonies are among my favorite pan ams. I just wish the whole ceremonies would surface. They were vvery nice, if somewhat low budget, with great music by Victor Davies. The interesting thing about the Clausura Winnipeg 1999 video is that it appears to be from a raw feed - without TV announcers or commercials. I wonder if the person who posted it has the whole ceremony or if what he put up was all he has? Canadian broadcasts of ceremonies (Edmonton 1983, Victoria 1994, Winnipeg 1999, i.e.) never seem to show up on youtube. Do canadians not record from TV at home to the extent that others do? There are plenty of CFL broadcasts that show up, but not much else.

Next Friday November 26, in Cali, Colombia, a great opening ceremony will open the very first Junior Panamerican Games (following the tendency of YOG). The show will be a display of Colombian culture, music and costumes. It will be held at Pascual Guerrero Olympic Stadium, the same venue of the 2013 World Games.

Panam Sports Cali 2021 Juegos Panamericanos Junior - Panam Sports

Cali se alista para el espectáculo inaugural de los I Juegos Panamericanos Junior

Cali se alista para el espectáculo inaugural de los I Juegos Panamericanos Junior

Article in Spanish:

https://www.cali.gov.co/gobierno/publicaciones/165362/cali-se-alista-para-el-espectaculo-inaugural-de-los-i-juegos-panamericanos-junior/

On 11/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, panamfan said:

AT LAST!!!! A nice portion of the Closing Ceremony of the XIIIth Pan American Games in Winnipeg in 1999. Held at Winnipeg Stadium. I have also relinked another video showing the "Guess Who" reunion performance at the end of the ceremony.

ENJOY!

The 1999 Pan Am ceremonies, despite of being 90’s classic style ceremonies, they still seem part of of a minor event.

It was Rio 2007 who kicked off the Olympic Style ceremonies for Pan Am Games.

Great document, anyway. Very grateful to have the chance to watch them.

I just made an interesting find. The records of PAX-I, the organizing committee for the 1987 Pan American Games in Indianapolis, are held in the archives of Indiana University/Purdue University of Indiana (IUPUI). Apparently, IUPUI has digitalized all of the PAX-I records, including all audiovisual materials included therein. These materials include the master tapes of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Apparently, they are available to view online, but you need to be able to login to the IUPUI computer system to do so. Here is a link if anyone wishes to try their luck with it. Boy how I would love to see those.

The Tenth Pan American Games- Indianapolis- Opening Ceremonies- Master 1, 1987-08-07 | ArchivesSpace Public Interface (iupui.edu)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Nacholympic said:

In the last day of the year 2021, I want to show a selection of the most important ceremonies of the year.

This year marked the return of ceremonies worldwide after the 2020 locked down due to COVID extreme restrictions.

2021 ceremonies in images:

On 12/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Nacholympic said:

115242_ARE20211001DubaiExpoRTR_163307372

Where is that one from?  Why didn't you label some of the lesser known ones?  

Sadly mass scale ceremonies won't be coming back yet for a good while as this year doesn't look very bright at all regarding the pandemic (except for Beijing 2022 which is most likely going to still do a massive spectacle).

I still think the pandemic was an excuse to justify the organizative disaster which was the Tokyo ceremonies, though.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:27 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Sadly mass scale ceremonies won't be coming back yet for a good while as this year doesn't look very bright at all regarding the pandemic (except for Beijing 2022 which is most likely going to still do a massive spectacle).

I still think the pandemic was an excuse to justify the organizative disaster which was the Tokyo ceremonies, though.

I think ceremonies will have important changes after the pandemic...

Paris 2024 will have a open ceremony on the street... and it will open the door to create the innovative - and weird - non stadium ceremonies.... It's just the beggining...

3 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

Paris 2024 will have a open ceremony on the street... and it will open the door to create the innovative - and weird - non stadium ceremonies.... It's just the beggining...

For which -- because it's free -- I hope they will NOT charge exorbitant prices in those stands.  It's not a staged show.

And there will ALWAYS be mass-produced ceremonies in stadia -- because what do you expect to see in a vast field?  One person and one dove -- after paying $500 for a seat, that's all you get??  I would feel ripped off.  

The mantra of Ceremonies producers is: if we're going to charge $500 - $1,000 / ticket, the least we can give the buyer is a mass show.  Show them that we at least put something unique together and that for their money, they are at least getting QUANTITY.  Seems totally fair to me.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All the previous compilations of cauldron lightings I've seen have either skipped over Lake Placid or just had a still image.   This is the first time I've seen video of their lighting included - one of the nicer cauldrons of the 80s IMO.

The clip also highlights how far we've fallen with the pathetic effort of Beijing.   Gone from effectively 5 cauldrons in Vancouver to zero in Beijing.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, BigVic said:

plus the Atlanta 1996 Closing Ceremony 

That is a RARE one.  One of the performers, the mediocre drummer going by the name of Sheila E(scovedo) served the IOC with papers that they do not have a right to put that Ceremony in the public domain because it was NOT in her contract.  So she's held the free replay of the 1996 Ceremony hostage for her very PETTY and SELFISH reasons--i.e., she did not ACOG/ the IOC free replay rights.  That's why contracts for all those so-called "artists" who performed at the Atlanta 1996 Closing were negotiated for nearly a year.  Of course, I don't understand why they just don't cut her part out of the official print of the Ceremony?  

See the source image

THe SELFISH B*TCH -- as if she were the greatest drummer in the whole world.  BIOTCH!!