Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

1 hour ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Are they projections on empty seats? ..... whatever it is that's how you can make an empty stadium look full.  Tokyo really made a mess of the lighting of their ceremonies, that made the stadium seem even more grim and empty than it should have been.

The most irritating thing is that they DID installed LED lights in the Tokyo Stadium for a late 2020 event (the Arafes concert). There was literally no excuse for not adding it here to try enhacing things given there were no spectators and the budget was drastically cut.

Beijing 2022 ceremonies are going to flex really hard in what Tokyo did.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

The most irritating thing is that they DID installed LED lights in the Tokyo Stadium for a late 2020 event (the Arafes concert). There was literally no excuse for not adding it here to try enhacing things given there were no spectators and the budget was drastically cut.

Beijing 2022 ceremonies are going to flex really hard in what Tokyo did.

Ikr, I don't know why more than half of the ceremony they decided to mantain the stadium lights on, over the seats, so there were 3 hours of watching empty seats while some strange kind of funeral music was played. They could have done what the paralympics did, that was turning off the seats illumination so spectators could only watch the stage, but just my opinion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

FaBULOUS!  25,000 performers are NEVER enough!!  Can't wait for February!  I hope Paris recruits 30,000 performers.  They should hire Chinese and North Korean choreographers!! 

The ceremony of China National Games, while visually spectacula,r also felt very cheesy and politically self masturbatory. Hopefully Beijing 2022 ceremonies are more classy and have a general theme to them (I believe they wanted to use Chinese New Year elements in it)

By the way, I read the composer of Beijing 2008 soundtrack will do the Hangzhou 2022 ceremonies music, which is another ceremony we should keep an eye on next year. Scott Givens (FiveCurrents) will be involved.

http://www.zj.xinhuanet.com/2021-07/21/c_1127676364.htm

On the afternoon of July 20, the Hangzhou Asian Games opening ceremony creative team conference was held in Beijing, and the creative team officially appeared on the scene.

The announced creative team included Chief Director Lu Chuan, Chief Producer Sha Xiaolan, Music Director Tan Dun, Deputy Chief Director Cui Wei, Producer Wu Yan, Chief Writer Leng Freeze, Executive Director Meng Ke, Executive Director Gao Yan, Chief Art Designer Shang Tianbao, Technical Director Yu Jianping, Production Director Scott Givens, Chief Choreographer Nathan Helvelin, Technical Director Nick Eltis, Chief Choreographer Li Bin, Chief Sound Designer He Biao, Chief Fireworks Designer Cai Canhuang, Chief Weave Designer Xie Yongwei and a total of 17 Chinese and foreign experts.

"I was very excited and proud to learn that I had become the chief director of the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games, but I was also a bit frightened." Lu Chuan told reporters that although he has a wealth of experience as a film director, but he is still considered a newcomer in this field of large-scale stage performances. He said that he would next apply a lot of his imagination in the process of making films to the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games, bringing new creativity and ideas to it.

The strong creative team of the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games will also bring more expectations for the audience. For example, Chief Producer Sha Xiaolan has participated in the creation of many large-scale state-level cultural performances such as the Beijing Olympic Games, G20 Hangzhou Summit, Qingdao SCO Summit, Asian Civilization Dialogue Conference and the Great Journey Cultural Gala; Music Director Tan Dun won the Grammy Composition Award for his opera Marco Polo; Production Director Scott Givens has participated in the production of more than 400 international-level large-scale events, including 15 opening and closing ceremonies of major sporting events, etc.

"It can be said that the creative team this time gathered a variety of local and international experienced talents. Next, each of them will lead a professional team of more than 100 people to deepen the professional fields such as lighting, choreography and sound effects." Sha Xiaolan said he expects that such a team combination will allow East and West cultures to complement each other in the exchange and collision, and express the concept of the community of human destiny from an artistic perspective.

For the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games, what has the current creative team already envisioned? Lu Chuan said that the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games will be opened on the night of Mid-Autumn Festival next year, and the people of Asian countries have a common belief in home, so we want to tell the Chinese concept of "home", "I hope to let the world see a vivid, happy Chinese face, see the heart of the Chinese people We hope to show the world a vivid and happy Chinese face, the warmth of the Chinese heart, the tolerance and openness of China, and the responsibility and commitment to the world."

Sha Xiaolan said, "The opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games showed the world China's splendid and brilliant civilization, and we hope that the opening ceremony of the Hangzhou Asian Games will show the spirituality and humanistic charm of the Chinese people on the one hand, and show that China's dream of a strong nation is coming to us step by step on the other."

The opening ceremony of a major event is a comprehensive ceremony that reflects the historical heritage, cultural connotation and technological strength of the host city. The reporter learned that Zhejiang characteristics, Hangzhou flavor will also be fully reflected in the opening ceremony. "This opening ceremony will be based on Zhejiang, express China, with Asia in mind, looking at the world." Lu Chuan said, Zhejiang's green water and green mountains, history and culture, especially high-tech are very attractive.

It is reported that during the preparation of the Hangzhou Asian Games opening ceremony program planning, Lu Chuan has traveled to and from Beijing and Zhejiang several times. In Zhejiang, he went to the Liangzhu Museum and other historical and humanistic attractions as well as a number of high-tech enterprises to draw inspiration. "I was struck by the innovative ability of Zhejiang's high-tech enterprises." Lu Chuan said this gave him a new understanding of the "smart Asian Games".

Sha Xiaolan praised the civilized manners of Hangzhou people. He took Hangzhou's "give way" as an example, saying that after visiting many cities across the country, Hangzhou did the best job in this regard. He also hoped that through the opening ceremony, the spirit of Hangzhou will be reflected.

Looking ahead to the opening ceremony of Hangzhou Asian Games, Lu Chuan proposed that the opening ceremony will tell a story with soul, temperature and emotion in a ritualistic way, which is poetic, warm and flexible, more in line with the temperament of Hangzhou. At the same time, it will also be based on high-tech means to convey the desire of science and technology to make people's life better, and present a visual carnival through the ancient and modern times for the audience all over the world. (Reporter Shen Audible Rain Zhang Mengyue)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Thanks 1

The video I was waiting for: the behind the scenes of the ceremony…

After watching this I can infer:

-          5:10 “17 days to go and there’s still a lot to do”… what should confirm us that it DID was an improvised ceremony…

-          8:13 The solitaire men walking outside the stadium at the moment the fireworks explode remind me how sad it was… No cheers, no emotions…

-          “Viva” was the documentary that showed us how the ceremony in Rio was created and ot lasted about 40 minutes. Here in just 10 minutes they show us how the preparation of this ceremony was… I think, more minutes can just take out to the light the internal argues that led us to this “funeral ceremony” we witnessed.

-          Anyway, part of the original soundtrack of the ceremony is heard. Hope to be released one day. (I love the original music of the “wooden rings”)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, panamfan said:

Closing Ceremony of the XIVth Pan American Games in Santo Domingo 2003 in full 1080p HD! Enjoy!

After 17 years I can watch the Closing Ceremony of Santo Domingo 2003, at least!!!  I have never watched it.

And now we can realize how the Pan Am ceremonies have become more professional. Thist still looks "amateur" ceremony, or at "80's style" . The speeches really sound like a  high school presentation.

I think nobody could spect what was going to happen 4 years later, when Rio 2007 raised the standard of Pan Am ceremonies till today! at Olympic level.

Lima 2019 offered breathtaking closing ceremonies and it was the edition that raised to the same level of Pan Am ceremonies to the Parapan Am ceremonies... 

Lima 2019 was just amazing.... and... welll... as Chilean I must confess I'm little afraid what Santiago could offer in 2023 (most of all after watching the handover segment and knowing how people work in my country) ... 

On 9/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, zigzag said:

This is recently uploaded, Opening for SEA Games 1993 Singapore

Thank you so much, I was looking for this for ages alongside Chiang Mai 1995 opening. You can tell Singapore just went with their creative teams which do their annual National Day Parades for this. :lol:

Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony left us an unforgettable moment that must be taken in consideration for future ceremonies: “The Viral moment”.

There has been a huge reaction in Japan to this segment and they have created countless viral videos recreating it.

Here I share some of them I found the funniest. Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigVic said:

And to celebrate World Expo 2020, here is Shanghai World Expo 2010 Opening Ceremony with a spectacular fireworks display with the outdoor portion created by the same people behind the Sydney and Vancouver Ceremonies. 

Isnt it sad at these elaborately staged  events , when the camera crosses to the dignitaries, and they look bored out of their brains....makes you want to put a firework up their.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

China National Games Shaanxi 2021 Closing Ceremony

National Games 2021 New Taipei City Opening Ceremony

PRC 11th Traditional Ethnic Minorities Games Zhengzhou 2019 Opening Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:51 AM, Nacholympic said:

Tokyo 2020 (+1) Paralympic Games Opening Ceremony, Behind the scenes:

The title of the song of this short video is "ikiru/LIVE" by Miu Sakamoto(daughter of Ryuichi Sakamoto).She actually attended in the PG opening ceremony.

• Like 1