Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

Not quite ceremonies on YouTube, but with nothing better to do over the past year or more, various entertainment industry professionals have been releasing reminiscences online. Here are a couple of examples (I've used Patrick's, among others, to create a brand-new update of my ebook about the 2012 opening ceremony, "By Strange Conveyance").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HUjj2nihIs

(That one, the first of a fascinating series by Patrick Woodroffe, is not embeddable)

Just reposting the last two Olympic ceremonies for all of you guys, so we can clean our eyes from the monstrosity which was Tokyo's.

PS: Dang. A lot of koreans and brazilians in the comment section are either being gleeful or also lamenting that Tokyo ceremonies were a trainwreck.

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Just reposting the last two Olympic ceremonies for all of you guys, so we can clean our eyes from the monstrosity which was Tokyo's.

PS: Dang. A lot of koreans and brazilians in the comment section are either being gleeful or also lamenting that Tokyo ceremonies were a trainwreck.

Look, I understand you are upset at the 2020 opening ceremony (I am too). As someone who doesn't like the end result of the ceremony, just suck it up.

1 hour ago, WD96 said:
3 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I do hope the organizers and the IOC do not get death threats over the 2020 opening ceremony. Even if anyone disagrees with Bach, Bach is still human. It would be very disgraceful if Bach gets death threats, you know what happened to Rogge before the 2010 Olympics. No one should be threatened.

20 hours ago, WD96 said:

Look, I understand you are upset at the 2020 opening ceremony (I am too). As someone who doesn't like the end result of the ceremony, just suck it up.

Go be patronizing to someone else, not me. I'm going to keep voicing my opinion whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Where are you from?  You "found" this clip - NOT founded.  You are not an 'explorer" or "discoverer" in the historic sense of the word.  :wacko: 

I tend to mix up words, I apologize for any confusion by any readers. I was looking for the replays of the 2020 Olympics and the stumble upon this video of the 1968 opening ceremony. This is a recreation of the 1968 ceremony, expect any cuts of clips. The "gem" I am talking about is the 1968 opening ceremony. We cannot find any full footage of the ceremony. Even though it is a recreation, there it is.

39 minutes ago, WD96 said:

This is a recreation of the 1968 ceremony, expect any cuts of clips. The "gem" I am talking about is the 1968 opening ceremony. We cannot find any full footage of the ceremony. Even though it is a recreation, there it is.

It's NOT a "recreation" oer se.  It's the actual thing.  It can't be a "recreation" if it is the actual footage.  What they meant by "recreation" which you misunderstood and then passed on, is that they have compiled existing footage from several sources and tried to create as complete a visual record of the OC as possible.  Of course, there is a complete and official record of the OC and it is in the vaults of ABC and the IOC--except those have not been available for now for public or technical reasons.   (BTW, that was the first OC that I ever saw in its entirety --on TV only, of course.)  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, Nacholympic said:

Opening Ceremony of the Al Janoub Stadium, in the city of Al Wakrah in Qatar which will host some of the matches for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

The Opening Ceremony was on May16, 2019.

Tokyo could have done at least something like this. more about lights, technology and spectacle rather than risky mass performance.

The more i think about it the more i think Tokyo were just lazy, using COVID as the ultimate excuse and even without COVID ever happening i wonder if the ceremonies would still have been below par. The Rugby cup ceremony goes to show how bad this was always destined to be.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:25 AM, Olympian2005 said:

Tokyo could have done at least something like this. more about lights, technology and spectacle rather than risky mass performance.

The more i think about it the more i think Tokyo were just lazy, using COVID as the ultimate excuse and even without COVID ever happening i wonder if the ceremonies would still have been below par. The Rugby cup ceremony goes to show how bad this was always destined to be.

They wanted it to be a big show. Well, at least Mikiko wanted to. But she couldn't stand the toxic environment and Japan obsession with respect to elders who still think their ways work in 2021. Thus, she resigned, the whole ceremony team fell like a house cards and the disaster which we all know happened.

https://aramajapan.com/news/tokyo-2020-opening-ceremony-original-plan-leaks-in-full/114631/

On 8/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, BigVic said:

Athens was a step further than Sydney with the usage of a pool in the middle of the Olympic Stadium 

Don't summon Baron the trolls.....:rolleyes: or else we'll have the 10000000th lecture about why Athens was a bad opening ceremony.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two new videos of the Sheffield 1991 World University Games Opening Ceremony.

First is the TV broadcast version of the ceremony. This version includes Helen Sharman's infamous dropping of the torch. Ironically, she comments during an interview at the beginning about how horrible it would be if she were to drop the torch!

Second, is a recap of the ceremony with interviews and explanations of some of the production numbers in the ceremony. Enjoy!

Drum segment was very reminiscing of Beijing 2022. Also i've noticed they implemented new methods for projections by using invisible walls which covered the empty seats (Winter Olympics will probably also have an empty or very limited capacity openign ceremony)