Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "Get Me to the Church on Time" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Finally, here is what looks like the complete Innsbruck 1976 Closing Ceremony, posted only about a week ago (March 28, 2021). 

Innsbruck 1976 - Closing Ceremony | Innsbruck 1976 Replays - YouTube 

I imagine this is the Austrian network's feed.  No commentary of any sort.  

Actually, those weren't "Native American dancers."  They are the "mummer" dancers (representing, I guess the winter blahs) being banished by the lederhosen-clad youths and the broom-sweeping kurandera.  And somehow, those Aztec-like headdresses have come into play.  The foot-stomping (frustrated flamenco dancers?) goes on forever.   There is also no indoor cauldron.  

The athletes exit to the tune of "I'm Getting Married in the Morning" from MY FAIR LADY; and, I guess, as a handover to Lake Placid, Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma!" (in an odd key) and one other tune I don't recognize.  But OKLAHOMA! for Lake Placid??? :wacko:  It could've been worse.  

The other tune is the theme song from the television show "Bonanza".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

14 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

I don't know if it was already been posted... anyway, I do it.

The full Opening Ceremony of the X Panamerican Games, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on August 8, 1987 at Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

Initially, those games were designated to be held in Santiago de Chile, but the Pinochet goverment cancelled the games claiming finantial problemas due to the economic crisis of 1982.

I already posted that, but thanks for re-posting it.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

On 4/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Rare video showing an excerpt of Osaka 2001 East Asian Games opening ceremony, with Yukie Kobayashi performing the theme song. For what I researched this ceremony was directed by Makoto Tezuka (yes, the son of the legendary manga author).

The COMPLETE Opening Ceremony of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. COMPLETE and UNCUT. ENJOY!

Home video of the 2011 Winter World University Games Opening Ceremony in Erzurum, Turkey.

The IOC had added two new ceremony videos to its official website (NOT its youtube channel)

Highlights of the CBS broadcast of the Squaw Valley 1960 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony hosted by Walter Cronkite:

https://olympics.com/en/video/squaw-valley-1960-opening-ceremony

The Moscow 1980 Opening Ceremony (just the protocol part - not the cultural part):

https://olympics.com/en/video/opening-ceremony-moscow-1980

• 4 weeks later...

The Opening Ceremony held on the final match of the UEFA Championship 2021.

May 19, 2021.

I think the first Opening Ceremony completely virtual (or not?). A new way to make ceremonies due to the pandemic situation.

Do you like it? Do you think is it a transitory style or it will be a new tendency to make ceremonies?

Performers: Khalid and Selena Gomez.

The smell of desperation of UEFA to get the attention from the American audience/market can be felt even from my screen. Even before the pandemic I already hated how the CL ceremonies became mini-Superbowl Halftime Shows ever since 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Opening Ceremony of the Stade de France in early 1998. Heavy use of projections, pretty good considering this show long predates when projections started to be heavily used in ceremonies (blame Doha 2006 for that)

• Like 1