Ceremonies on UTube, Part 3

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Thank you for your contribution! I hope someone eventually uploads the full opening ceremonies

You're Welcome, I hope to someone have full ceremonies footage of these games too.

PS. From now I'll share some Games Ceremonies from Thailand (for example Thailand National Games, Thailand National Youth Games and more.) if I Found, Stay Tuned Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went down a YouTube wormhole...

Can anyone shed light on what this actually is? I thought the opening ceremony would’ve been in the stadium before the first match like normal...not to mention how weird the actual show is :wacko:

On 6/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, yoshi said:

So I went down a YouTube wormhole...

Can anyone shed light on what this actually is? I thought the opening ceremony would’ve been in the stadium before the first match like normal...not to mention how weird the actual show is :wacko:

The French have this proclivity to do strange things with their ceremonies.  And they like to do outdoor/"theatre in the streets."  

1.  weird Albertville 1992 ceremonies

2. Med Games 1993 - held lakeside, or by a beach in Languedoc-Rosillon.  (There's a partial clip of that on UTube.) 

3. this FIFA 1998 World Cup 

4.  Jeux de la Francophonie 2013 in Nice when the OC was held at the Place Messina (the public square) in Nice.  

I hope they don't f*ck up 2024 with their weirdness.  Oh, well, Cirque du Soleil just filed for bankruptcy becuz all their shows in Vegas closed -- and of course NO TOURING shows either. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

The French have this proclivity to do strange things with their ceremonies.  And they like to do outdoor/"theatre in the streets."  

I hope they don't f*ck up 2024 with their weirdness.  Oh, well, Cirque du Soleil just filed for bankruptcy becuz all their shows in Vegas closed -- and of course NO TOURING shows either. 

We’ll always have the 2015 Pan American Games :P

I think it’s nice to see France try some different stuff with their Ceremonies. 

Opening Ceremony of Montreal 1976 from Russian TV. The image quality is better than the video which was already in YT for years though the audio quality is kind of a letdown. However we finally have the full parade of nations included (which was cut in that video i've mentioned).

Also, someone in YT managed to record the rest of marches used during this parade (besides the ones officially released in the offical music album of Montreal 76), so you can enjoy the parade a bit more.

This last one was used during Canada's entrance

Thanks for finding that ceremony. The audio wasn't the greatest at times, but I've been waiting to see it for so long that it was a minor problem. Found it interesting that the commentators were largely silent unlike American commentators who talk a little too much.

The only opening left on my wish list that I haven't been able to re-watch is Lake Placid 1980. Every other one from Munich to the present has been out there for at least a short period of time.