Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Paris and LA Could Resolve 24 / 28 Olympic Games Bid Rift On Field Of Play

The bid to host the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2024 could ultimately be decided on the field-of-play, according to a source within the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The list of five initial applicants to host the Games has been winnowed down to just two, Los Angeles and Paris, after bids from Hamburg and Budapest […]

View the full article

• Like 2

My first time back to Gamesbids in a long time and I read this. "OMG! WTF?" I say to myself...then check the date stamp. Well played, GB. Well played. :lol:

• Like 1

we'd slaughter france though unless the sports were well-chosen to suit french strengths. unless of course we sent a B team like we do to the pan ams.

4 hours ago, krow said:

we'd slaughter france though unless the sports were well-chosen to suit french strengths. unless of course we sent a B team like we do to the pan ams.

It would not be very difficult to pick a sport for which France and the USA are roughly equal. Perhaps tennis or judo.

To be honest this is not a terrible idea if they get two equally compelling bids. Or if a vote is a tie.

Just looking at last year's Trump April Fool article and see this has been added:

[Editor’s Note:  The following article is our annual April Fools Day piece and Mr. Trump’s comments within it are fictional. See some of our past April 1 jokes following the article.]

@GBModerator please tell us there's a story that made that note necessary! :D

Edited by Rob.

Just reread that Trump one (after a year). And while those comments in there are 'fictional', boy that tone & type of rhetoric sure isn't. It's right on the money, lmfao.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 4:13 AM, Rob. said:

Just looking at last year's Trump April Fool article and see this has been added:

[Editor’s Note:  The following article is our annual April Fools Day piece and Mr. Trump’s comments within it are fictional. See some of our past April 1 jokes following the article.]

@GBModerator please tell us there's a story that made that note necessary! :D

Yes, there is a story.  No, I can't tell it.  But remember, that was before the "fake news" rhetoric became a thing.