Why are males primarily attracted to this site?

OK, guys...and Gals...obviously, we are in a post-SOG depression mode...so I ask the question: why is participation in this board OVERWHELMINGLY testosterone????????  We have a few faithful femmes, like Michelle Trudeau...some new ones like nycgirl and I think, raley_girl (or something like that)...but it is still 98% heavily male.

Why is this?  I only post this as a neutral subject.  There is NO need to bash each other or each other's country over this.  We can have a very reasoned, mature discussion on this.  Like -- and I know we have active participation from all six continents -- are there particular cultural influence that affect this phenomenon?

However, if you are female and are posting under a male guise -- now is the time to declare your TRUE gender or forever hold your peace!!

Discuss.

I think most internet forums are like this. I don't think it is a Gamesbids phenomenon (sp!)

I think the only female dominated newsgroup which I read occaissionally is alt.flute, but that is because the flute playing population is predominantly female (which makes me wonder why in professional orchestras there seem to be more men flautists)

Anyway. I don't think there's any need to worry, I don't think we're scaring them off if that's what you're getting at LOL!

:laughlong:

I have a few theories...

The Olympics have a lot of male oriented themes and interests...sports, competition, geography, architecture, politics, money, travel/tourism, etc...

Not saying that women don't have these interests, but I think men are more expressive in those passions.

In the ancient days, the Olympics used to be an all male event...maybe its in the DNA?

I disagree with the above.  While the IOC does have a lot of Europeans, the one good thing about it is that IOC is quite diverse.  There are a fair amount of Latin American, African, Middle Eastern and Asian IOC members.  The IOC isn't the UN, but is isn't as bad as it once was.

Kendegra wrote:

There are a fair amount of Latin American, African, Middle Eastern and Asian IOC members.

Indeed.  Just look at the 4 new members who were introduced to the world (well, not to the US) at the Closing: 3 from Africa (including one Muslim woman) and I forget where the white guy was from.  And that other Moroccan woman now heads the Technical Evaluation Committee for the 2012 candidates.  So it is on its way ot becoming a very diverse organization.

nah.. just a 'man' thing... guys love to argue and get their point of view accross...

plus.. this site is missing some important things.. like an online mirror so the femmes can check makeup..  lipstick shade chart.. etc   :oops:

Kendegra wrote:

There are a fair amount of Latin American, African, Middle Eastern and Asian IOC members.

Indeed.  Just look at the 4 new members who were introduced to the world (well, not to the US) at the Closing: 3 from Africa (including one Muslim woman) and I forget where the white guy was from.  And that other Moroccan woman now heads the Technical Evaluation Committee for the 2012 candidates.  So it is on its way ot becoming a very diverse organization.

The other one was from the Czech Republic.

It is an intriguing question, Baron. For that, I have no real clue. Perhaps it could even out later on, like the way women participation in the Olympic Games has been on the increase for a century now.

I reckon that the gender imbalance is because women would rather get in touch with their inner emotions via long and discursive conversations with their female friends and partners in real time, whereas us blokes get the same result by flaming anyone who has a pro-Athens or anti-Athens position  :laughlong:

Or is it venue envy?  :idea:

• 11 months later...
My god!! Between the last two posts we have a whole year!! Has anybody found the answer abot GB-males after 365 days?

Then, I have another interesting question: why there are so many Simpsons' avatars in this Topic?  :D

You may want to ask some of us about the idea of using the Simpsons' avatars for this month.

My god!! Between the last two posts we have a whole year!! Has anybody found the answer abot GB-males after 365 days?

Then, I have another interesting question: why there are so many Simpsons' avatars in this Topic?  :D

This was Kendegra's idea - August - a tribute to Simpsons and many of the gb members aggreed to do it, because it's fun, or I don't know why

Archived