GBModerator

US President Trump Says LA 2024 Olympic Games Would “Be Terrific”

Just now, FYI said:

Obviously the USOC bidding again does mean something to you, if your "Toronto will put up a serious challenge for 2028.

My hometown already had them, Montreal 1976. As for Toronto, I'd want it to face city like L.A instead of getting an easy win for reasons I won't bore you with. So, LA bidding or not doesn't make a difference to me. 

Just now, FYI said:

Oh no, please enlighten us what those "boring reasons" are! :P:D

Long story short, LA is a good measuring stick to see how Toronto compares to other world class cities, its strength and flaws and how far it came along since 2001. (2008 for me from my perspective).

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

No more use of the word "seem". I accurately pointed out that the USOC said in their meeting that they won't bid for 2028 and they haven't said otherwise since then. 

Ever heard of the saying, "don't believe everything that you read/hear on the news"? 

Again, of course they're not gonna say anything more on 2028 when they're "focused" (& rightly so) on 2024. I'm sure that they'll change their tune on 2028 once the dust settles in the event of a 2024 loss. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Me saying that's its non-bidding, its me saying that doesn't mean they won't bid in the end. Am I clear?

No, not really. I think discombobulated is more like it.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Long story short, LA is a good measuring stick to see how Toronto compares to other world class cities, its strength and flaws and how far it came along since 2001. (2008 for me from my perspective).

Okay, fine. So wouldn't that be a 2028 battle-royale then!!! :lol:

4 minutes ago, FYI said:

Ever heard of the saying, "don't believe everything that you read/hear on the news"? 

so how come Fox News still in business? :P

5 minutes ago, FYI said:

Again, of course they're not gonna say anything more on 2028 when they're "focused" (& rightly so) on 2024. I'm sure that they'll change their tune on 2028 once the dust settles in the event of a 2024 loss. 

I already said that

2 minutes ago, FYI said:

Okay, fine. So wouldn't that be a 2028 battle-royale then!!! 

Not much of a battle royal if it's only L.A vs T.O....Mexico City would make it entertaining....post NAFTA era

15 minutes ago, Ansem said:

so how come Fox News still in business? :P

I don't watch Fox news, so IDK. :rolleyes: And *FYI*, it's 'why' & not "how come". :P

16 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Not much of a battle royal if it's only L.A vs T.O....Mexico City would make it entertaining....post NAFTA era

You don't get it, do you. But then again, you're a newbie here, so why would you. But here on Gamesbids, L.A. vs Toronto for 2028 would be a BATTLE ROYALE!!! And if your (single) posts are any early indication, it's gonna be a GOOD ONE, too!!!! :lol: And forget Mexico City. Throw in Madrid (with those nasty, snarky Spaniard's), & it'd be EPIC!!! :lol: Oh boy, the more I think about it, the more & more I want Paris 2024 to win!!! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FYI said:

I don't watch Fox news, so IDK. :rolleyes: And *FYI*, it's 'why' & not "how come". :P

You don't get it, do you. But then again, you're a newbie here, so why would you. But here on Gamesbids, L.A. vs Toronto for 2028 would be a BATTLE ROYALE!!! And if your (single) posts are any early indication, it's gonna be a GOOD ONE, too!!!! :lol: And forget Mexico City. Throw in Madrid (with those nasty, snarky Spaniard's), & it'd be EPIC!!! :lol: Oh boy, the more I think about it, the more & more I want Paris 2024 to win!!! :lol:

My single post doesn't mean anything. This is LA time so talking about Toronto is pointless.

If Toronto bid, I'll be around

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

My single post doesn't mean anything. This is LA time so talking about Toronto is pointless.

If Toronto bid, I'll be around

I meant your 'single' postS in general, as one Canadian poster. You're the one who keeps bringing up Toronto "as a serious challenge, so watch out" for 2028 when it's talked about L.A. bidding again if they lose 2028. And that's the type of vehement attitude (to say the least) that I'm talking about. TBH, like you with L.A., I could care less if Toronto bids or not. But it'll make for interesting readings here (to say the least) if they do against L.A. 

1 minute ago, FYI said:

I meant your 'single' postS in general, as one Canadian poster. You're the one who keeps bringing up Toronto "as a serious challenge, so watch out" for 2028 when it's talked about L.A. bidding again if they lose 2028. And that's the type of vehement attitude (to say the least) that I'm talking about. TBH, like you with L.A., I could care less if Toronto bids or not. But it'll make for interesting readings here (to say the least) if they do against L.A. 

I prefer to talk about Paris. 

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I prefer to talk about Paris. 

Hey, can you talk about Paris 2024 with tRuff?! :lol:;)

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Your president's policies pretty much made that inevitable 

Can you tell tRuff that? :lol:

15 minutes ago, FYI said:

I'm dying laughing if Trump gets re-elected....nothing surprises the world when it comes to the United States anymore 

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'm dying laughing if Trump gets re-elected....nothing surprises the world when it comes to the United States anymore 

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

FYI - I could give two sh!ts if either city bids (again), hosts (again), or what-have-you. I just want to read all the BROUHAHA here in such a fiery match-up!!! :lol::P

Just now, FYI said:

FYI - I could give two sh!ts if either city bids (again), hosts (again), or what-have-you. I just want to read all the BROUHAHA here in such a fiery match-up!!! :lol::P

But that's what I'm saying. Trump being re-elected mean it might not happen:unsure:

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

. I accurately pointed out that the USOC said in their meeting that they won't bid for 2028 and they haven't said otherwise since then. 

No, they didn't say that. They said they don't foresee bidding. "Won't bid" and "Don't foresee bidding" mean very different things. 

Just now, zekekelso said:

No, they didn't say that. They said they don't foresee bidding. "Won't bid" and "Don't foresee bidding" mean very different things. 

Are you done?

7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

But that's what I'm saying. Trump being re-elected mean it might not happen:unsure:

How so? Whether Trump gets re-elected or not is irrelevant if another U.S. bid gets launched for 2028 or not.

Just now, FYI said:

How so? Whether Trump gets re-elected or not is irrelevant if another U.S. bid gets launched for 2028 or not.

A Trump re-election? I doubt the USOC would even bother to try.

11 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Plus, a 2028 Games would take place LONG after Trump is gone anyway. So I think that would have no bearing on the matter. While I agree that Trump doesn't really help L.A. now, I still believe that if Paris wins 2024 it's bcuz the IOC felt more compelled to go there instead. You said so yourself in the L.A. thread that even if Hillary won, Paris still would have the advantage.