Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Study Suggests Los Angeles 2024 Could Generate Over $11.2 Billion Local Economic Output

Recommended Posts

A new economic impact assessment shows that Los Angeles as host of the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games could increase economic output by up to $11.2 billion in Los Angeles and $18.3 billion nationwide.  A report released Monday also highlights significant legacy benefits of LA 2024’s low-risk Games concept. The study was commissioned by LA 2024 […]

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting read again I'll personally state that I think LA will get it but yes I am somewhat biased seeing I live there but all things considered I think LA will inch past paris at the end. Now to this article the one point I took issue with was this section.

 

"It went on to explain that Los Angeles wouldn’t be able to benefit from the additional branding and exposure typically connected with hosting the Games because the world renowned city is “already well known to people and businesses all over the world because it has hosted the Olympics before and appears constantly in films and on television."

 

The statement may be true on it's own but to the voters wouldn't they deduce the same would be true for Paris seeing it technically is an even more well know city than LA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, alphamale86 said:

"It went on to explain that Los Angeles wouldn’t be able to benefit from the additional branding and exposure typically connected with hosting the Games because the world renowned city is “already well known to people and businesses all over the world because it has hosted the Olympics before and appears constantly in films and on television."

 

The statement may be true on it's own but to the voters wouldn't they deduce the same would be true for Paris seeing it technically is an even more well know city than LA?

It depends on whether the eventual host can use the Games to promote aspects of the city and surroundings which are not so well known. In that sense, Paris probably does have more to gain because it's a historic capital city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/10/2017 at 11:49 AM, JMarkSnow2012 said:

It depends on whether the eventual host can use the Games to promote aspects of the city and surroundings which are not so well known. In that sense, Paris probably does have more to gain because it's a historic capital city.

 

Right but as you said it's a historic city, so you're proving my point that it's already a well known city and if that's the case then how does that differ from LA? both have surrounding areas that may not be as poplar as the central location so the argument from the article to me, seems mute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, alphamale86 said:

Right but as you said it's a historic city, so you're proving my point that it's already a well known city and if that's the case then how does that differ from LA? both have surrounding areas that may not be as poplar as the central location so the argument from the article to me, seems mute.

No, what I meant was that in Paris, because of its very long existence as a significant population centre, there are all sorts of things which would count as tourist atractions in a smaller community, but don't get promoted because there are easily enough major attractions to keep visitors occupied throughout the average holiday. There are well over a hundred other museums apart from the Louvre, for example, and I didn't know that there are surviving remains of the old Roman amphitheatre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×