17 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Most likely. These days a ceremony is not complete without one. Even Rio, with all the small budget and everything had some of it for the Natives segment. 

If you read one of my previous post the usage of Drones was confirmed by the ceremonies producer for a segment in particular. So even without zip lines we will still see flying objects. 

I wonder why they would use drones in the ceremonies? This seems intriguing to me. :lol: :D

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I will recapitulate the Rings Formations segments on the Opening Ceremonies of the WG. Sarajevo 1984. It seems to be the very first ring formation segment for the WG.    Calga

I'm going to say 2 things that are most likely highly cynical and potentially a result of my impending march towards my mid 30s..... But I honestly hope we don't see any unification flag of the K

Unpopular opinion: I didn't like Sochi 2014. Lacked heart. Felt just like a big two hour propaganda video. Sure it looked cool, but it was what I expected from Russia. Impressive, but lacking heart an

8 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Why not?  They will provide extraordinary shots.  

I assumed that what was meant was the use of drones as elements of the performance, rather than to carry cameras (i.e. some sort of live version of Lady Gaga's prerecorded Super Bowl gimmick).

External lightning of the stadium is being tested.

22860688_150096755735155_847212966490983

Looks like the performers will come from either underground or the two entrances alongside the main tribune, given they seem to be covering the other two entrances for the stage.

WOOO

100 DAYS TO GO EVERYONE!!!

This time in 100 days. We will all be watching the Opening Ceremony of the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games!

So excited! YAY I can feel the excitement!!! :D

I think K Pop should be a MUST if they want to show the modern Korea... In the recent previous Korean ceremonies it has been present (Asian Games and Universiade) 

The use of drones in a ceremony.. Indeed it will be the very first time for an Olympic Ceremony, but in the latest SEA Games OC in Kuala Lumpur there was a segment that already used drones...

Resultado de imagen para kuala lumpur opening ceremony drones

By the way... the zip lines used in Rio were not olny for Pindorama segment ,but also for Santos Dumond and his 14 Bis plane...

Resultado de imagen para Rio opening ceremony santos dumont

I remember the drone segment from Kuala Lumpur. However I feel it they could had done much more with it , but it ultimately felt short at least for me. Maybe PC will do a better job at it. 

Short video showing tests at the external wrap lightning 

33 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Another one

Seems like they stopped building the ceremonies stage for the moment until the concert is done. 

Yeah, I suppose

It does not have to do wyth PyeongChang, but with Rio 2016:

The official film of the Games was released today

It's BY FAR!!!! the best Olympic Film ever!!! I hope it sets a precedent fot the consecutive Olympic Films....

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/days-of-truce-the-rio-2016-official-film/

Tonight 5:00pm KST Time is the 2017 Dream Concert in Pyeongchang. I'm watching it! You can watch it on this link: http://www.vlive.tv/video/46397/playlist/46797

This will hopefully determine what the atmosphere will be like for the Pyeongchang 2018 Ceremonies

Thanks for the Instagram material!

Here are some vids in Youtube with the official feedback. This might help to give an insight of what to expect in some aspects for 2018 (though as you can notice the ceremonies stage wasn't even finished when they decided to hold this concert and you can notice parts of it are still under construction)