6 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

It may be the soundtrack of the Parade of Nations...

Producer said they want to involve the use of drums for the Parade of Nations (as a way to also keep the spectators heated because of the extreme cold weather which was confirmed recently to be even bigger than Lillehammer -11°C ceremonies). Though you know, plans can always change at last moment. 

On 16/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, Ikarus360 said:

I feel the change is a bit silly, to be honest. But oh well. 

Also, I think they are starting to install the projectors, judging for this pic.

Just for the white floor it was almost obvious it was going to be a projection show again... Will it be a projection based show a la Vancouver-Sochi-Rio ????

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Whats with those boxes they built below the Jumbotron screens?

25023566_246201022580396_643777227291570

They look like commentary booths or little rooms for the announcers of the ceremonies and technicians 

4 hours ago, PikyoK said:

They look like commentary booths or little rooms for the announcers of the ceremonies and technicians 

I suspect commentators will be in the main building, but yes very probably technical staff- and the equally vital security staff with high-powered binoculars. The grouping with one large and two small booths per side is interesting, and suggests that security will be discreet but subtly thorough.

The name of the Opening Ceremony is "Peace in Motion". On the other hand, the Closing Ceremony is called "Next Wave". Projection mapping and K-Pop were confirmed to be present.

Also, they plan to make small changes to some details of the Opening/Closing ceremonies in case North Korea decides to participate (something that seems very unlikely at this point)

http://news.donga.com/View?gid=87844151&date=20171221

87844150.1.jpg

Song Seung-Hwan, general director "The Five Dogs - Closing Session, Making Unique Pictures"

The 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games are approaching for 50 days. The opening and closing ceremony to announce the beginning and end of the Olympics is the largest cultural event of the Olympics that can strongly imprint the identity of the host country to the world. PyeongChang met with General Secretary Song Seung-hwan (60), who was responsible for the opening and closing ceremonies of the PyeongChang Olympics, on the 13th.

"I am confident that I will be able to see a different visual that I have not seen in the past," he said. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has established a pavilion opening and closing ceremony in Pyeongchang from December 2015 to September this year.

"I will make a unique picture by creating a unique movement with a unique structure of the pentagon," he said. "Hundreds of people under the two lifts installed on the stage will show up at the same time to show off various stereoscopic effects like the performing arts."

At the opening and closing ceremonies of the PyeongChang Olympic Games, they plan to show a variety of Korean traditional culture to K-Pop. Due to the security commitment with the Olympic Organizing Committee, details and casts are kept secret until the day of the event. He said, "More than 3,000 cast members will appear at the opening and closing ceremonies." Artists and volunteers from various genres such as Korean dance, traditional music artists, K-pop stars and modern dancers will participate.

He said he would like to introduce the natural beauty of Korea to the world. "When I look at the Orient in the West, I think of three countries, mostly Korea, China and Japan. If China is dominant in nature and Japan is strong in artificial embellishment, Korea will concentrate on harmony with nature. "He makes full use of modern media art, including projection mapping, which shoots light images, I will inform Korea about Korea. "

The slogan of the opening ceremony is "Peace in Motion" and the closing ceremony is "Next Wave". He said, "Korea is one of the world's only divided countries, and peace is one of the best in the world." "We decided to make the opening slogan" Peace in Motion " said. So what is NextWave? "After the PyeongChang Olympic Games, I hope Korea will grow and become a leading country in the future. "The wave of the future, Korea is the message."

There are also variables that can not catch up to the last minute. North Korea's participation and weather. "If North Korea participates, we will modify some scenes of opening and closing ceremonies," he said. In the wintertime outside the roof, there is a possibility for the weather. Song said, "If the extreme situation arises, I will move the venue around official events, and if a strong wind blows, I will give up the use of the superstructure by using the open and closed meeting rooms."

He is also paying attention to the TV broadcast screen as the eyes of the billions of people are focused on the opening ceremony of the PyeongChang Olympics for two hours from 8 pm on February 9 of next year. "A total of 70 cameras will be put in place, including 35 Olympic-sponsored broadcasters and 35 NBC's cameras. We are going to discuss the details of camera position, scene change, timing, angle and so on.

Like the 'hoop boy' that became a topic at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, will the screen be impressive in the minds of people at this opening and closing ceremony? He said, "During the Seoul Olympics, I made 20 ~ 30 'wow points' (scenes with exclamation points). Among them, I saw the effect of a hoop boy." He also made 10 wow points at the opening and closing ceremonies. It is difficult to tell which of those scenes will bring the impression of the world. "

2 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

The name of the Opening Ceremony is "Peace in Motion". On the other hand, the Closing Ceremony is called "Next Wave". Projection mapping and K-Pop were confirmed to be present.

Also, they plan to make small changes to some details of the Opening/Closing ceremonies in case North Korea decides to participate (something that seems very unlikely at this point)

http://news.donga.com/View?gid=87844151&date=20171221

87844150.1.jpg

Very exciting to read, thank you for the translation. I think it will be interesting to approach the opening ceremony with the "Peace in Motion" concept, I think it would send one message to the people of Korea, but another message to the global community as well, just like Rio did with their rising sea level and diversity pieces in their OC. I am looking forward to the modern stuff, however, and I wonder if K-Pop will be incorporated into the OC, or be a main focus of the CC. I also wonder what the "scenes they will have to change" will be if North Korea attends. 

On 12/15/2017 at 9:24 AM, BigVic said:

Stadium is good. A pity it will be demolised after the Paralympic Ceremonies a-la-Albertville 

Not really. It is one of the poorest counties in the entire country, so affordable recreational events will likely be slim for many locals once the Games are over. Plus, Nagano put so much into their Games with the hopes of building a strong winter tourism/winter sports venue and it didn't work out tremendously for them, therefore I think Pyeongchang is being safe with demolishing the stadium.