I hope the opening and closing ceremony will feature Korean culture with a futuristic twist (for example, the pungmul dance will have lights on the futuristic costumes and the instruments).

I hope for the Beijing presentation at the closing ceremony, it will feature all cameos of Chinese cartoon characters from domestic and foreign ones (like Black Cat Detective, Pleasant Goat, Trixie Tang, Kai-Lan, Lizbeth Zaragoza, etc.)

6 hours ago, WD96 said:

I almost forgot one more example for the ceremony. Maybe the cauldron could be lit by a miniature rocket ship.

Reference to North Korea

Rehearsals already started though in an enclosed space similar to the stadium, at this moment. They will move to the stadium to rehearse in January for what I understood.

They are already rehearsing some other details in the meanwhile, though, like some of the fireworks effects (the video I posted some posts ago).

^^ Now that you mention it, those are most likely the athletes seats given they're the only ones without a fence. 

I still wonder what there will be in the other side, though. Guess we can't know until the cablenet is finished. 

it's so strange to just see the cauldron out  and lit already....like S. Koreans can't be bothered with all the secrecy and maneuvering of the past few Olympics. I don't love their cauldron but I appreciate the funk-it attitude........everybody's too busy with their 1000 step cleanse and focus on han.

5 hours ago, mattygs said:

K Pop has a place I guess, I just hope to God it's not used as the soundtrack to the lighting of the cauldron which the Koreans seem to love doing. 

They did just that at the Incheon 2014 Opening Ceremony. Wasn't that good!