Interesting where the flagpoles are. You would think they would put those at that slope on the side.

LED lights are back. 

K-Pop will be featured throughout the Opening Ceremony with the usage of in-seat LED-lights that were previously used at the London 2012 Ceremonies. 

I actually think having flagbearers carrying both the South and North Korean flags side by side would be a more powerful image than two people carrying the unification flag.

• Like 1

I don't agree both Koreas to  march unified as they did in Sydney, Athens and Torino.

It has been a hard work of SK to get here... and the permaent threatening of their Northern neighboors has only blurried the organization... NK do not deserve to march as the unified team.... Since we all know  that Kim Jong-Il has any intention at all to make peace with SK...

I wonder how the flagpoles will cope with the wind

10 hours ago, PikyoK said:

I wonder how the flagpoles will cope with the wind

Surely they have a fan in the pole as we have seen since Beijing...

Lighting test on the inside from Google Earth. Also, it seems the whole ceremonies staff has finally moved to the stadium during the week. We will most likely see more leaks in the following days.

JNFltxh.jpg

Today is January 15th. They are going to start rehearsals at the stadium today and tonight! 

Hey, look what I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_opening_ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_closing_ceremony

They've just announced who will sing the anthem at the Pyeongchang 2018 Ceremonies

5 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

Have I done my math right? If the OC is starting at 8PM their time, that means it'll start at 5am central time in the US?

You're right. It's 13 hour time difference between Korea and Central US.

It will be 10pm at AEDT Time since Korea and Australia (Sydney) has a 2 hour time difference.

I know president Moon is pushing for the unified team but people dont seem too happy, specially after all the crap NK did last year. There will be lots of criticism if the south korean flag is not shown. Its not confirmed yet if the unified flag is happening though apparently the north is sending some artistic groups so there are rumours.

A lot of conservative koreans are not going to be happy at all with this.:unsure:

i have already seen comments like "We prepared for more than a decade for this event only to let the North steal our spotlight?" and also other stuff like "capitulation". I understand the idea was to give reassurance to people because of security fears but people who truly knows NK should know they are always bark and no bite.

Also people who remember the Sunshine Policy of the 2000's should also know this is not going to last as long as the Kims are still breathing. 

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I'm happy DPRK is at least having a dialogue with the outside world. On the other hand I remember Putin throwing out the welcome mat 4 years ago, then invading The Ukraine.

I hope they don't raise the Unification flag while the playing of the South Korean National Anthem (Aegukga). I also hope that the producer shows more of the South Korean culture because I truly believe that SK didn't plan this event for 30 years just for NK to steal their thunder. I'm sure NK will be featured just in the Parade of Nations.