1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

I do not undrerstand a word!!!!  Are they gogint to build a roof??? Or just to give the heat pack???

They will build wind shields around the areas behind the seats in order to protect spectators, as well for giving heat packs. I think they also installed a heating system. It is way too late to build a roof, now.

More of the projectors. 

First Winter Olympics in a cold weather climate since Torino 2006 (last two were in warm weather climates) 

I'd wonder if cold weather could affect the Opening Ceremonies at a roofless stadium costing W118.4 billion (USD107 million, AUD142.8 million). With 49 days to go, the world is looking forward to see what PyeongChang and South Korea have to offer 

You know its bas when they say it will be colder than Lillehammer. I honestly believe they should had built a roof or held the ceremonies at Gangneung. Even the director says they might have to take out aspects of the show if weather becomes too much of a problem at February 9.

Also i have keep getting some info they supossedly want to make a short ceremony (a bit longer than 2 hours) though its always possible it will be longer than that, it already shows worries about not wanting to be the first opening ceremony wher

on I found this:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/kr/daegwallyeong-myeon/2331422/daily-weather-forecast/2331422?day=49

It's the weather forecast in Daegwallyeong-myeon in Pyeongchang where the Olympic Stadium is for Friday the 9th of February which is the day of the Opening Ceremony. The high should be 0 degrees Celsius and the low should be -9 degrees Celsius. Brrrr Cold! Hopefully, it'll be a bit warmer that day.

There is another link:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/kr/daegwallyeong-myeon/2331422/daily-weather-forecast/2331422?day=65

That second link is the forecast in Daegwallyeong- myeon in Pyeongchang where the Olympic Stadium is for Sunday 25th February, the day of the Closing Ceremony. A bit warmer than the Opening Ceremony. The high should be 4 degrees Celsius and the low should be -4 degrees Celsius.

The temperature for K-Pop Concert that happened in November was much warmer than the forecasts listed above. The high was 13 degrees Celsius and the low was 5 degrees Celsius. 

I think a roof and heaters would have been comfortable. I would like to see the methods explained come into use during the Ceremonies. 

But like I said, hopefully, the weather will be warmer than the temperatures stated on AccuWeather. :unsure: :rolleyes: :D

2 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

it's completely not understandable that thay did not take in consideration those cold wheather factors for foreigners when they planned this removable stadium... 

Yeah! I find that hard to believe

As insensitive as it may sound, the best thing people can do is bundle up. Pyeongchang County is one of the poorest counties in South Korea, and if the people there can survive the harsh winters, I imagine the tourists from Europe, East Asia and North America, where a vast majority of the athletes are from, will be able to survive with their fur coats and mittens. This is a Winter Olympics, so while they should've taken into account the colder temperatures, it's not like they were obligated to build a roof over the stadium. While I am worried for the health of people during the Games, the best advice one could give is exactly what has been said since Day 1: Bundle up like the locals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem is it's been a long while since we had a very cold Winter Games (last genuinely harsh were Lillehammer where the locals, being Norwegians, are always ready for winter :lol: ) so I guess people lost the habit. The people who got hypotermia on the K-Pop concert were mostly spectators from Seoul and other parts of SK. 

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Problem is it's been a long while since we had a very cold Winter Games (last genuinely harsh were Lillehammer where the locals, being Norwegians, are always ready for winter :lol: ) so I guess people lost the habit. The people who got hypotermia on the K-Pop concert were mostly spectators from Seoul and other parts of SK. 

You're correct. Hopefully this serves as a warning sign to the bid organizers to push for a roof or some sort of heating with the month and a half they have left, or for all inbound tourists and locals to pack more clothes than they think they'll need, and maybe even a blanket. It's tragic, but again, we can't act like the area's cold temperatures are new. 

The seat LEDS (which were used in London 2012 ceremonies) are making a comeback for Pyeongchang :P

http://www.cctoday.co.kr/?mod=blog&act=articleView&idxno=192078

IhppkYt.jpg

v2meLKN.jpg

Also some more new pics. They didn't progressed much with the stage build up this month. I guess that will happen on early January when the staff moves in to rehearse.

L8VT68Q.jpg

Hr4nUtV.jpg

56BpY9f.jpg

OMG YAAASSS!!! I LOVE THE LED LIGHTS!!! I have a feeling Pyeongchang 2018 will bring the best ceremonies ever! I love the hanok roofs.

Notice each roof seems smaller than the previous one, plus the golden needle/stupa ar the lower right. I think they might want to rise up a pagoda.

The  Hwangyong Temple , an ancient budhist Pagoda from the Silla Kingdom seems to fit the criteria. (The structure was the tallest building on East Asia at the time of its construction)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hwangnyongsa_Pagoda_miniature.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwangnyongsa

On 12/28/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ikarus360 said:

The seat LEDS (which were used in London 2012 ceremonies) are making a comeback for Pyeongchang :P

http://www.cctoday.co.kr/?mod=blog&act=articleView&idxno=192078

IhppkYt.jpg

Very excited for these LEDs. London used them to their advantage in 2012, and I think Pyeongchang will create a great show with them too. I also kind of get the idea that the ceremonies will be more focused on modern Korea than older Korea as well. I doubt they'd have these for just one act in one of the ceremonies, so now it's really safe to assume that we're in for a lot of KPop.