Well, they need protection from both snow and wind (in fact it was snowing when these pics were taken). I remember the lights/cameras were all covered with special glass for the Rio 2016 Paralympics, for example. 

Also that angle makes the Cauldron look bigger than it actually is. 

6 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Well, they need protection from both snow and wind (in fact it was snowing when these pics were taken). I remember the lights/cameras were all covered with special glass for the Rio 2016 Paralympics, for example. 

Also that angle makes the Cauldron look bigger than it actually is. 

I know right

I don't know how much trustable is this source. Seems to be a korean newspaper but still though, I suggest you take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=99175

99175_79868_5255.jpg

According to the article, Area A will be for the IOC Officials/Dignitaries/Government officials/President, which was kind of obvious at this point. However it seems Area B will be reserved for the families of the athletes. Area C is where the Athletes will make their entrance to the stadium. Area D will be a main building which will stay when the stadium is dismantled after the games (sans the roof). Sadly it doesn't mentions where the athletes will be seated.  

6 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I don't know how much trustable is this source. Seems to be a korean newspaper but still though, I suggest you take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=99175

99175_79868_5255.jpg

According to the article, Area A will be for the IOC Officials/Dignitaries/Government officials/President, which was kind of obvious at this point. However it seems Area B will be reserved for the families of the athletes. Area C is where the Athletes will make their entrance to the stadium. Area D will be a main building which will stay when the stadium is dismantled after the games (sans the roof). Sadly it doesn't mentions where the athletes will be seated.  

Maybe the athletes will be seated in front of area A. The space with the tent and the crane.

5 hours ago, Waldi said:

I am very intrigued : why is the stage so far not fully symmetrical? 

bXoQ9CK.jpg

It's still very much a work in progress, probably because they have been bringing in heavy machinery for various purposes, which might have chewed up wooden flooring. That framework to the right of the performance circle suggests that there's more sloped flooring to come.

Like Mark said, they needed space to bring the cranes in order to install the prop lifting system above, unless you wanted the wood to break. It will be symetrical. Take a look at the pic I posted of the interview with the ceremonies producer.

201107630.jpg

There is a render of the final stage. All sides will be covered by a partially inclined slope (I wonder why they're doing that). The external outer ring of the stage seems to be most likely for the Parade of Nations. There also seems to be a temporary small stage at the top of the staircase leading to the cauldron (maybe the Olympic and Korean flags will be there a la Kazan 2013?)

The problem is they had to halt abruptely because of the K-Pop concert and had to install temporary steps leading to the central stage. They will most likely be removed.

3 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

All sides will be covered by a partially inclined slope (I wonder why they're doing that).

5 minutes ago, yoshi said:

What's with the slightly inclined bits going all the way round?

If it's being used for the Athletes' Parade, maybe they have found that walking in a large circle on a sloping surface affects people's balance for a day or two- so the South Korean team will secretly practice walking round it in both directions beforehand ...

54 minutes ago, Waldi said:

https://imgur.com/hDAeOo5

I am pretty sure that there won't be a sloped stage everywhere around, 

as they seem to have covered up some bits along the side - also the round

finishes for the 'cauldron' ramp suggest the same :) 

Could be possible, though the render seems to point at the opossite (unless they changed the plan recently at last moment). The gap seems too small to hold athletes, and considering the cold weather, having a live orchestra at the ceremony doesn't seem realistic.

As for the other pic you posted, it seems like its a prop and the hangar over there is being used to assemble the props. Taking a closer look at it....

OEOxLS2.png

Seems at first sight its Hanok aka a traditional korean building/house. Though I could be wrong. 

5673.jpg?v=1485682477

These renders are from the official PC2018 website (the Paralympic section, most specifically), alongside sections of the Website dedicated for both the Olympic and Paralympics ceremonies.

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/culture/olympic-ceremony

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/culture/paralympics-ceremony

img-ceremony-para01.png

img-ceremony-para03.png

The Olympic opening and closing

Showcase the message of the PyeongChang games vision "New Horizons", and to make a cultural Olympiad by combining Korea’s tradition and culture, past, present and future into the Opening and Closing ceremonies, unifying and moving the world. We have appointed the general director and directors for each segments and proceeded on the creative concepts with them.

Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony is scheduled for 120 minutes, starting with countdowns and welcome ceremonies at the pre-show, as well as a variety of cultural performances that will include official protocols such as VIP and national athletes' entrance, welcome speech, lighting the cauldron, and artist segments filled with Korea’s distinct culture.

• Pre-showCountdown and welcome event
  • Official Event

VIP entrance, Flag raising and National anthem, Parade of Athletes, President’s speech(POCOG, IOC presidents), Opening of the games(Head of State), Rasing the Olympic FlagPlaying the Olympic Anthem, Athlete · Officials, Coaches’ oath, Arivial and lighting of the Olympic Flames · Fireworks, etc.

• Post-showArtist segments, etc.

Closing Ceremony

The closing ceremony is also scheduled for 120 minutes, starting with the pre-show, then the official event with the VIP and national athletes' entrance, Introduction of the Athletes’ Commission’s newly elected memebers and recognition of the Volunteers, Next host city Artistic segment, Presidents speech, Extinguishing the Olympic Flame will follow, ending the 17 days of the PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games with the last Artistic segment.

• Pre-showArtistic segment
  • Official Event

VIP entrance, National anthem, Entry of Nations’ Flag, arade of Athletes, Victory ceremony, Introduction of the Athletes’ Commission’s newly elected memebers and recognition of the Volunteers, Playing of the Greek national Anthem, Lowering the Olympic Flag, Flag Handover Ceremony, Next host city Artistic segment, President’s speech(POCOG, IOC presidents), Extinguishing the Olympic Flame

• Post-showClosing event, etc.

The Paralympic opening and closing

2018 PyeongChang Winter Paralympic Games is a festival for all Paralympians around the world whose pure heart and Korea’s burning passion come together, sending a deeply moving message of coexistence during the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

Opening Ceremony

Under the main theme, “Passion Moves Us,” the Opening Ceremony will showcase the Cultural Performances, which welcome the world Paralympians, the Protocol Programs such as Parade of the Athletes, Opening of the Games, and Lighting of the Paralympic Flame, as well as the Main Performance during its approximately 110-minute duration.

• Pre-programsWelcome Events
  • Protocol Programs

Countdown, Head of State Entry, Playing of the National Anthem and Hoisting of the Host Country’s Flag, Parade of the Athletes, Official Speeches (POCOG President and IPC President), Opening of the Games, Raising the Paralympic Flag and Playing the Paralympic Anthem, Swearing of the Paths, Lighting of the Paralympic Flame, and Fireworks.

• Cultural ProgramsCultural Performance and Celebration Segment

ClosingCeremony

The Closing Ceremony will showcase the Cultural Segment, which will celebrate the deep passion and unwavering commitment that all Paralympians demonstrated during the 10-day journey, Protocol Programs such as Entry of Nations’ Flags, the Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award, and Extinguishing the Paralympic Flame, as well as the Celebration Segment during its approximately 80-minute duration.

• Pre-programsWelcome Events
  • Protocol Programs

Countdown, Video Highlight of the Paralympic Games, Head of State Entry, Playing of the National Anthem and Hoisting of the Host Country’s Flag, Entry of Nations’ Flags, the Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award, Introduction of Newly Elected Members of the IPC Athletes’ Council and Flower presentation to the Volunteers, Lowering of the Paralympic Flag, Flag Handover Ceremony, and Next Host City’s Artistic Segment Official Speeches (POCOG President, IPC President), Extinguishing the Paralympic Flame

• Cultural ProgramsCultural Performance and Celebration Segment

Funny. The website is kind of implying the cultural performances will begin after all the Protocol segments are done. So i'm not sure if this is true or they want to do a repeat of Seoul '88 (dividing the cultural performances before and after the protocol segments)