I think the translation was very literal so i'm not pretty sure that was what he meant. Doing a search with only this phrase only led me to the same article. Again, I would trust more in someone who really understands the language than an online translator.

These were taken just 2 days after the concert. 

DN8baXEVoAAd2A7.jpg

DN8bbs3VAAADMeW.jpg

20171109090123482pxip.jpg

Pic from Twitter which dates from November 10 (https://twitter.com/peichang_yang) . Seems like they removed all the K-pop concert stage and resumed building the stage (finding pics of it on Instagram has become harder ever since the concert)

DOP4Hi0UQAA0v4N.jpg

Notice the circle segment in the middle is down again. Apparently tunnels for performers or an hydraulic platform for the show?

A much older pic from Gettyimages but which depicts a closeup of this segment (before it was covered)

GfsbhuZ.jpg

15 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Pic from Twitter which dates from November 10 (https://twitter.com/peichang_yang) . Seems like they removed all the K-pop concert stage and resumed building the stage (finding pics of it on Instagram has become harder ever since the concert)

DOP4Hi0UQAA0v4N.jpg

Notice the circle segment in the middle is down again. Apparently tunnels for performers or an hydraulic platform for the show?

What puzzles me is the triangle of floor to the right of the two men. That looks to me like a pretty significant slope down towards the centre of the arena.

3 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

What puzzles me is the triangle of floor to the right of the two men. That looks to me like a pretty significant slope down towards the centre of the arena.

Is it probably the seating area for the athletes after they march into the stadium

4 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

The map of the stage as seen from the interview done by the ceremonies producer , now that you mention it, kind of highlights this section.

qw3G97E.jpg

I don't know if it could be a designated area for a chorus or musicians. However I believe with the extreme low temperatures the day of the opening, a music group would be for show and they wouldn't be really performing live, so I don't think it's really feasible.

On the other hand, since they rushed building the stage because of the K Pop concert its possible this area will also be part of it and those highlight lines we see on the pic are nothing special.

Some more pics I managed to find (taken shortly before the concert)

G6KygJu.jpg

BySKR4U.jpg

YrIUWIF.jpg

nlScKrS.jpg

Seems the ramp is also a staircase. Or a ramp which transforms into a staircase (that would be a neat idea)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

This is what happened the last time there was a circular hole in the middle of a stadium . . 

Image result for Cycladic head rising @ Athens 2004 opening images

They should be more careful with those holes.  You never know what will pop up.   ;-)

Underground pit seemed big enough to be able to contain objects like these So I wouldn't be surprised if they use the hole to pull out some props. 

On the other hand, they also said the performers will come from underground to agilize the whole show. I believe Sochi also did this. 

2 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

That's a very chunky box for a modern flat screen- I wonder if it will include other functions.

Check the second pic I posted. If you notice, the box is actually empty at the moment without a flat screen. Like Baron said, they probably need to make the support stronger in order to resist strong winds. 

Also, on the second pic, one can barely see they're starting to put some cables at the external towers. 

12 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Check the second pic I posted. If you notice, the box is actually empty at the moment without a flat screen. Like Baron said, they probably need to make the support stronger in order to resist strong winds. 

Also, on the second pic, one can barely see they're starting to put some cables at the external towers. 

Wind by itself would not have been a problem, because big modern LED screens are mostly hole, with LEDs every 3cm or so. However, it has occurred to me that LEDs don't run hot enough to melt snow, therefore in winter they will need to be enclosed in an insulated and heated box- and that in turn does create massive wind resistance, so the boxes and their supports have to be really strong ...

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Nice shot from both the Olympic Stadium, Alpensia Ski Jumping and....is that the Medals Plaza?

nPthibQ.jpg

A symmetrical arrangement of two groups of three flagpoles in front of the presentation stage. Will there be two flag-raisers, or a flag-raiser one side and a robot the other?

The stadium also has flagpoles. That reminds me from both Calgary and Albertville, when the flags of all the participating countries were raised. It was a very nice/solemn detail i wish it was kept in other ceremonies. I think they will most likely be already there but one can hope they might make a return of it on Pyeongchang.