Hamburg-Havana 2032 Olympic Logo Comp Round 1  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which HAVANA Logo should advance through to the next round?

2. 2. Which HAMBURG Logo should advance through to the next round?

y5MSPd.jpgDNaHqU.jpg

5eqh73.jpgmJJ9ow.jpg

Sorry Martin, I know it's not to your tastes, but it had to be...

Guten Abend meine Damen und Herren, Willkommen zu Hamburg!

We;re here tonight to start our our voyage on a slow boat to Havana to decode on the winner of this year's Summer Games section of the logo comp.

obqKXn.jpg

We've got a field of eight starters for this section - four for Havana and four for Hamburg. So we're gonna have a slight change in proceedings from the usual for this part of the comp. I've divided the logos up into two groups for each individual city. These two groups will be voted on in concurrent polls, using standard IOC voting (see below). When we get to having a single logo each representing the two cities, those two will then face off against each other in a final round to determine the overall winner, and which city will hoist the 2032 Summer Olympic Games. This will ensure voting will go on for more than a single round and also give us an unpredictable final with two logos that haven't faced up each other yet. Davey and Glacib both have logos in each section, so it is possible they may dominate the final. Or JO2024, Paul, Scotguy or JMarkSnow0212 may crash their party. That's for you the voters to decide.

Anyway, let's get it going. Here's the rules:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Friday January 6, Sydney time (8pm Jan 5 GMT). I may keep it open longer to the Saturday if voting's slow, or in the hope Krow will do his call of the card.
  • Voting in both sections will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo in each section with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote in each section, so make it count.
  • Your votes are public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish. 
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2016 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  •  I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will cast the tie-breaking vote.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

That's about it then. I'll make any other calls I need to on the fly. Thanks to all our entrants - Viel Gluck to you all and may the best designer win.

See you in Havana!

My logo for Havana is based on the happy and joyful people of Cuba, together with the Cuban star that represent the shine of every athlete in the Olympics and the tropical color that represent Cuba and Havana themselves.
4598186.png

My logo for Hamburg is actually reflect the idea of what the logo should represent- the Olympics in Hamburg. The blue color represent the city as port city and full of water and the other colors are actually the olympic rings reflected on the water and literally shows the Olympics in Hamburg. The connected letters are symbol of the "togetherness" of the Olympics' spirit.  
9064386.png

Good Luck for everyone!

Voting has closed in this round. Please move to the Titanic Ballroom for the launch of the next round of voting.