Kathmandu 2030 Round 1 Vote  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Do You Want to See Advance in the Kathmandu 2030 Winter Olympics Logo Competition?

VgxuRz.jpg6nHy0V.jpgS9isyI.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.... It's The Beatles!

Thank you John, George, Paul and Ringo for setting the tone for the coming voting events. Tomorrow Never Knows what will come indeed when it comes to the voting comps.

Anyway welcome to Annapurna Base Camp, the setting for Downhill events in 2030. My Sherpas and I have been trekking to here long and hard to make it in time for the start of 2017 and the launch of voting in the Winter phase of the 2010 GamesBids Olympic Logo Comp.

Cvlzc8.jpg

So let's get down to business. We gather here to decide our winning logo for the 2030 Winter Olympic Games in Kathmandu, Nepal. Thanks to all entrants... five, including me... for taking the time to submit your works. Some fine works there, but who's gonna make it through to the end to grace the Binners' Banner?

Anyway, with five final entries, it's a bit superfluous to go through a semi final short list stage. So, let's get directly onto the final rounds and standard IOC voting procedures.

The rules for this stage are:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close after 7am, Tuesday January 3, Sydney time (8pm Jan 2 GMT). (I'm keeping this initial round open longer than usual to allow people to get settled after New Year's Eve activities, to allow a proper consideration of all five together, and to give Krow a chance to do a red carpet review of the entries.)
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish. The exception is me - I will refrain from voting at all on the basis that I don't want to be seen as having any advantage. 
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2016 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. If there's any conflict of interest involving me, I will ask member Yoshi, who has been a close collaborator with me in this and past comps, to make a ruling.
  • As mentioned, I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will ask Yoshi to make the call.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

So that's it, get voting. I'll begin the long trek back now (at least it's downhill) to make it back to Kathmandu City in time for the winner's announcement.

Good karma to all!

Edited by Sir Rols

1 hour ago, krow said:

does tomorrow never knows remind anyone else of basically every oasis song ever? i made that connection a few years ago and now it's all i ever hear.

LOL - I was considering using the Oasis cover of it instead of the Beatles - but decided it was crap.

i tried to think, really think, about these logos. it was a hard decision because there was no easy winner like usual. with rio fresh in my mind, i tried to picture this logo on a white background stretched across a low wall in front of the stands. which one would look best in that position? think about it. if you were going to put any one of these logos under seven layers of ice, which one would it be? B, i think, would look best. the ice dulls the colors a little so you need something that pops. since none of these but E says kathmandu, you have to judge the logo independently. i think B does the best. E is a close runner up and D is clever. i can see why people will like A but it's too busy for ice. paul's logo though is a shell of his best work. the squigly snowcapped w is just so saccharine.