2016..What's Next?

Ikarus360

Seriously. With all the crap which happened this year (celebrities death, the world becoming more unstable by terrorism, rise of extreme-right movements through the world, Trump winning the presidency, Putin becoming more and more relevant on the world stage, etc. ) I think it's pretty safe to say this was a Annus Horribilis and i'm sure people won't be as happy that a year is ending like this saturday. 

The year was also overall a disaster for the Olympic Movement, with the doping scandal, all the problems leading to Rio 2016 (even though the games happened normally and without major incidents besides those two american athletes) and the lack of balls to deal with the Russian problem.

However, what are your personal opinions about this overall bizarre year? And most of all what are your predictions for 2017? We already know it will be up for a shaky start with Trump taking the presidency, but we don't know what will follow up next.

• Like 1

Personally, I'll be glad when 2016 is over. Although it ends with real hope for the immediate future, it's been a difficult year for me both personally and professionally.

More broadly, though, it seems difficult to look forward to 2017 with any real optimism. Domestically, there seems to be something of a vacuum of good political ideas and I struggle to see what positives President Trump will bring to the global scene. In the sporting world, I fear the current wave of scandals still have a long way to run and the governing bodies have little idea what to do about them. Happy New Year folks.

• Like 1