What's going on

My head is probably going to roll over for what i'm going to say but I think most of us here will agree.

Who's dumber? The certain user who keeps spamming irrelevant stuff here, or the people in charge of this board who have the power of grounding those who damage the website but leave those things unchecked instead?

Which is making me suspect said user could even be a clone of certain other person here who just has a very boring life and needs to get distracted somehow. 

However, I think many are right with one thing. Not just the Olympic Movement, but all of the world of sport in general is sucking balls at this moment and losing more and more credibility as we speak. Literally no one (unless they're a dictatorship or very rich) wants to host the Olympics anymore since they really don't see any benefit behind it. And all of these issues started thanks to Sochi. For me London were the last sane Olympics we had on this board. You can tell things changed ever since the russian town ruined everything and the IOC also ruined the chance of having a nice city like Oslo to host the 2022 WOG by finally showing the true kind of pampered, snob idiots they are at this moment. Add to this the fact the next 3 olympics will be held in Asia, and Pyeongchang takes an eternity to gives us updates about what they're doing, and when they do it, is very scarce (We don't even know if they picked a Look of the Games already). Tokyo might be interesting and more accesible though, but we'll have to wait much more for it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Who's dumber? The certain user who keeps spamming irrelevant stuff here, or the people in charge of this board who have the power of grounding those who damage the website but leave those things unchecked instead?

Which is making me suspect said user could even be a clone of certain other person here who just has a very boring life and needs to get distracted somehow. 

I agree with the sentiments of your post, but I will point out that a few of us DID make a direct complaint about said spammer direct to the GBMod (a few months ago). And the GBMod did do something immediately by giving said spammer a posting limit of five a day in order to try and restrict those banalities (he was posting dozens more each day up till then). Now, I would say (and have since said to GBMod) that that limit isn't low enough (I reckon he should be limited to two posts a day), but the trouble is, said spammer's a clever little troll - he does something everyone finds incredibly annoying, but he's careful not to do anything that steps over the terms of use rules - he makes sure he doesn't attack other players or make blatantly offensive remarks. He thrives on being boring and banal. It's a sad reflection on him and his life and what he's doing to give himself self-validation.

Again, the best way not to feed the troll is to ignore him. And saying that, I realise I have been the worst offender of late in feeding him. I apologise to everyone about that. I will stop if people want me to or call me out on that. But he riles me up as much as he dos everyone else here, and I figured I'd use him to promote the comps. But I'm getting bored with that form of promotion myself. 

Is he a clone? I have done a few checks of my own privately, and I can't find any evidence that he is.

As to your other comments - you're right. Seems like the Games and the world have gone to sh!t in the past few years. And, yeah, I do blame Sochi (for the games' reputation being trash). It seems to me incredible that the last two summer games we've had, London and Rio, have ben joyful and measured, yet Sochi's the one that's leaving the bad reputation around the world still. But as to the site - remember, the board is what we make of it. if we want it to be fun and active again, it's largely up to us, especially we old timers, to try and make it so.

Edited by Sir Rols

2 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

My head is probably going to roll over for what i'm going to say but I think most of us here will agree.

However, I think many are right with one thing. Not just the Olympic Movement, but all of the world of sport in general is sucking balls at this moment and losing more and more credibility as we speak. Literally no one (unless they're a dictatorship or very rich) wants to host the Olympics anymore since they really don't see any benefit behind it. And all of these issues started thanks to Sochi. For me London were the last sane Olympics we had on this board. You can tell things changed ever since the russian town ruined everything and the IOC also ruined the chance of having a nice city like Oslo to host the 2022 WOG by finally showing the true kind of pampered, snob idiots they are at this moment. Add to this the fact the next 3 olympics will be held in Asia, and Pyeongchang takes an eternity to gives us updates about what they're doing, and when they do it, is very scarce (We don't even know if they picked a Look of the Games already). Tokyo might be interesting and more accesible though, but we'll have to wait much more for it. 

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you!!!!

I've said it so many times before that the moderators of this site (or moderator, not sure it's more than 1 person) do next to nothing and allow spammers to keep spamming with little recourse except an occasional post limit or the removal of some posts, as if that solves the problem.  I don't know what can (or what should) be done to help solve that issue, but as long as trolls are allowed to troll - and I understand that recourse is difficult - this all will continue.

21 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I don't know what can (or what should) be done to help solve that issue, but as long as trolls are allowed to troll - and I understand that recourse is difficult - this all will continue.

We all want to know that answer. The trouble is, we know from the Tony saga that starting threads and petitions doesn't do any good - in fact might even get us into trouble for harassing or breaking the terms of use. And answering trolls back may may do the same.

I'd suggest ping the GBMod privately. If enough people do, he may take some action. Even lowering his post limit would help a lot.

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you!!!!

I've said it so many times before that the moderators of this site (or moderator, not sure it's more than 1 person) do next to nothing and allow spammers to keep spamming with little recourse except an occasional post limit or the removal of some posts, as if that solves the problem.  I don't know what can (or what should) be done to help solve that issue, but as long as trolls are allowed to troll - and I understand that recourse is difficult - this all will continue.

Just as a point of clarification, several spammers are blocked and removed from this board daily.  Often it happens so efficiently that most don't even notice them.  Thanks to all who report the spammers and to our volunteer mods who are quick to react.