Before revealing my Havana logo I thought I'd post my thought process on how it has developed and why. The final logo will be released tomorrow.

Havana.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, I was wondering if you'd surface for the battle Paul. As always, look forward to seeing you show your creative side. And I'd guess there'd may be a few competitors who will be nervous if you do! Glad you got my message.

Heres my final logo. Inspired by the Cuban flag. It is designed to create movement and passion to inspiring Cuba and the world to what it can achieve building a better, brighter future.

Main_logo.jpg

Secondary_logos.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

If I don't win this time, I will not be submitting entries again.  :(   I need to know this before I even work up a bid.  

I need to know how many Swiss francs you're offering before I can entertain the idea.

3 hours ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Sorry davey - that looks like some chicken scratches.  The row houses/flag was a better idea.

NiL POINTS!

i actually like it. i'll reserve full judgement for my traditional roundup but it plays nicely.

the houses idea was a good one because it could have been altered to resemble a podium, which was clever. you don't get anything nearly so good from the real logos nowdays. 

6 hours ago, krow said:

you will not win this time.

I will defer to your vast and unrivalled losing streak then.  ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

5 hours ago, paul said:

Havana.jpg

.....i just love this cool lady. this logo is not final, just playing around.

Altho they did use the older ladies making white lace idea in Rio already.  I think one of the more haunting segments of Rio's shows.

....that lace part in Rio and the lady singing at the end in the rain was the best part. both had amazing moving music.

10 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I will defer to your vast and unrivalled losing streak then.  ;)

i won the inappropriate host competition with fukushima. remind us what you've won?

2 hours ago, krow said:

i won the inappropriate host competition with fukushima. remind us what you've won?

Oh, Fukushima.  Then that explains it.  But good for you.  I've won a two journalistic awards which are not relevant to the spheres here.  But you can look it up if you are so inclned -- which I think you are, since you yourself said. "... you live vicariously through other people."  ;)    

so the answer is no, you haven't won anything on GB, and you're not going to win this one either because you use colored pencils (badly) and your ideas are always a pretentious jumble of styles and esoteric references which everybody thinks is plain awful. and you're so sore about it you're threatening to pack up your toys and go home if you don't win like the spoilt child you are. 

good heavens. you like to call me self-absorbed but you certainly have a knack for hijacking these threads and making them all about you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, krow said:

so the answer is no, you haven't won anything on GB, and you're not going to win this one either because you use colored pencils (badly) and your ideas are always a pretentious jumble of styles and esoteric references which everybody thinks is plain awful. and you're so sore about it you're threatening to pack up your toys and go home if you don't win like the spoilt child you are. 

good heavens. you like to call me self-absorbed but you certainly have a knack for hijacking these threads and making them all about you. 

U are such a DUMB clusterf*ck, 3rd class, and you've proven it yet once again.  My initial remark was a take-off on what Paris and LA are now threatening not to run for 2028 in case either gets bypassed.  Sir Rols knew that because he and I were involved heavily in that other thread.  So, it was NOT really about me.  Duh!! 

But what do you know?  N-A-D-A, becuz you are basically a venal, pernicious, self-loathing soul.   Why am I even wasting my time being civil with you?  :rolleyes:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Hiking up the Annapurna trail en-route to the 2030 downhill course, and just stopping along the way to judge the domestic Nepali entries for the Kathmandu Games Olympic mascot. Unfortunately, they all seem to be inspired by Vancouver.....

RYwlFk.jpg

Well, not all...

PMGghJ.jpg

uQABGm.jpg

Meanwhile, Raoul sends his gracias for all the Havana logos, but the sherpas are hoping to see more Kathmandu designs and Angela Merkel and Martin are a bit concerned for the lack of love for Hamburg. Really pleased by all the entries so far and thanks to all who've entered. Keep em coming!

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

Heres my Hamburg 2032. Inspired by the soaring Elbphilharmonie Hamburg and the fact that Hamburg sees itself as the gateway to the world water had to be the main focus. Ive taken stylised wave shapes to form the roof of the Philharmonic building on the waterfront, and create a gateway. The Hamburg 2032 sits on the water with waves carved out of the 2032.

Hamburg.jpg

Edited by daveypodmore
  • Like 2