scoobiesnacks

Transport for Tokyo 2020

What are the transport plans for Tokyo 2020?

The Heritage zone the transport is relatively clear as they are existing venues served by Metro mostly.

Tokyo Bay, the transport isn't obvious at all. Take the swimming or gymnastics venues for instance... Will they use the Oedo line, the docklands light railway (Yunikamomo Line) or buses?

The gymnastics center would be served by the Yurikamome. Alternatively, there's the Rinkai Line, which would take a bit of walking (going past the Tennis venues), but may be more convenient as a direct option from Western Tokyo (heritage areas).

If the the location of the aquatics center isn't changed, it could be accesible via the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line or the JR Keiyo Line. Again, a Rinkai Line service would do the job if you're not too lazy. All three lines converge at Shin Kiba Station for easy transfers between competiton venues around Tokyo Bay. Furthermore, the terminus of the Yurikamome in the bay allows a transfer to the Yurakucho Line.

Does anyone know if transport is still free for ticket holders? i know the bid books stated it would be free on the day of your ticketed even but in sure Rio also said the same in bidding.

Rio was the first Olympics i have attended that i had to pay for transport. 

36 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Hi, new member & this will be my 1st time to ANY Olympics.  I'll have a Tokyo Metro Transportation Pass, but don't know anything else yet.

I'm pretty sure you have to purchase that.

26 minutes ago, Faiyez said:

I'm pretty sure you have to purchase that.

I'm working w/ a travel company & it's included in what I'm paying along w/ these other things:

• Premier Accommodations in Tokyo at one of our conveniently located properties right in the middle of the action.
  • Experience Tokyo Package: Choose one culture experience or sight seeing excursion from our list of options. You’ll have the opportunity to discover Tokyo and the culture of this host city in the best format that fits your interests and abilities. Our Experience Tokyo options will be finalized in Summer of 2019.
  • Tokyo Metro Transportation Pass will be provided per person to use during your stay
  • $500 credit per person to use for Olympic Event Tickets or additional tours
  • Exclusive daily entrance to the BLE Hospitality Zone - Every evening from July 25th to August 8th, Bucket List Events invites you to take a break from your busy schedule and join us and other Olympic fans and family for a fun time in a relaxing family friendly environment. Plan to stop by and allow us to treat you to a few drinks and tasty snacks.
  • Exclusive Events: Guests staying with us on July 24th or August 8th will also receive an invite to our complimentary and exclusive BLE Opening Ceremonies Viewing Party (July 24th) and BLE Closing Ceremonies Viewing Party (August 9th) - food & drinks will be provided as we enjoy the festive atmosphere and watch the ceremonies unfold on the big screens
  • Daily Hotel Breakfast to help you get the day started right
  • Summer Games Swag Bag & Welcome Kit more good stuff than you were expecting
  • Onsite hosts and local assistance from English speaking guides and translators
  • Expert pre-trip travel planning and access to the Bucket List Concierge Service for additional tickets, tours, etc.
  • All taxes and fees are included