phandrosis

Tokyo 2020 Look of the Games

I want everyone to remember this when they suggest that city X can host the Olympics on the cheap without the sporting federations raising hell. The SOP of the federations has always been to trash the host city in the media to pressure them to give them what the federations want. Be it a lavish venue for their sport, better transit links, a better Olympic village or in this case more money for decorations.

The uneducated public is always quick to blame the IOC for all the ills associated with the games, but the greedy IFs are equally to blame. They're a bunch of spoiled brats who have ridden the gravy train for decades and can't take no for an answer without throwing a tantrum. I hope the IOC is able to organize the 2020 boxing competition without AIBA, it might set a precedent that could be repeated down the road.

6 hours ago, BTHarner said:

The uneducated public is always quick to blame the IOC for all the ills associated with the games, but the greedy IFs are equally to blame. They're a bunch of spoiled brats who have ridden the gravy train for decades and can't take no for an answer without throwing a tantrum. I hope the IOC is able to organize the 2020 boxing competition without AIBA, it might set a precedent that could be repeated down the road.

Is boxing a mandatory sport in Olympic Games? Maybe a time for IOC to replace it with other new and young sports?

On 5/9/2019 at 9:19 AM, budse said:

Is boxing a mandatory sport in Olympic Games? Maybe a time for IOC to replace it with other new and young sports?

Hmm.. Kickboxing perhaps? :P

Some new pics from the official game, showing how the venues will (probably) be dressed up.

00001566_08.jpg

00001566_07.jpg

00001566_09.jpg00001566_10.jpg

00001566_11.jpg

00001566_13.jpg

• Like 2

New trailer of the Mario & Sonic game.

Call me unimpressed, and honestly, both games look meh. Though if they had Fire Emblem or Zelda characters involved, especially with archery and fencing, then maybe this might be worth a look, but otherwise, nothing special.

Though just for some fun, #MiraitowaforSmash (

LinkParkFan - I so agree that these games would be better if Nintendo opened up their entire catalog of characters. Instead we get Amy Rose and Robotnik. Bummer. But I still enjoy them and will buy Tokyo 2020. One cool thing is the blink-and-you'll-miss-it switch to retro graphics at 0:32 in the first Sonic&Mario video above. What's really neat is that the livery switches to Tokyo 1964. I really hope they make that a whole mode and not just a quick visual gag.