Tokyo 2020 Look of the Games

phandrosis

2 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Those anime effects, though. :lol: Funny vid. 

I translated the messages of the persons who appears in this video.:)

• Show you my best play on my best stage. -Furusawa Takuya(wheelchair basketball player)
  • Challenge to myself to make my dream come true. -Miyake Hiromi(weightlifter)
  • I  will make hot summer hotter. -Takato Naohisa(Judo)
  • I will support the games with my kid. -Shelly(bilingual TV talent)
  • Excitements and courages to the people all over the world.-Toyoda Mamiko(badminton player)
  • Japanese culture to the world. -Ebizo Ichikawa(kabuki actor)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Waldi said:

LOL not like the design of your book - - - 

cheers from a graphic designer xoxo #happyhalloween

Exactly! 

How can you even compare the two?  

Ha!  For all your digs, you stupid weiner, FYI, my book got me a special, private tour of the IOC Museum in Lausanne.   :P  I don't know that you can say as much for yourself -- or for the Tokyo designers.  :P

Edited by baron-pierreIV

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Exactly! 

How can you even compare the two?  

Ha!  For all your digs, you stupid weiner, FYI, my book got me a special, private tour of the IOC Museum in Lausanne.   :P  I don't know that you can say as much for yourself -- or for the Tokyo designers.  :P

Ohhh wowz, 

well i worked closely with the agency in charge of relooking of the olympic museum - 

developing a font etc - #ciao 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

OBS congress was held recently on the eve of the 2 year to go events and the mascot official introduction.

According to the keynote, which shows temptative dates (that means, they could change), it seems the key elements of the Look of the games will be announced next month, while its official introduction will be in April 2019 for the 500 days to go events.

Pictograms might be unveiled in October 2018, and the Torch design in March 2019. Medal design will probably be done in July 2019

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Very simple yet modern at the same. Fits the japanese style. Also, I instantly knew the pictograms are a small shootout to Tokyo 1964, actually. Makes sense considering these were the first games ever to use pictograms.

In fact they're pretty much just an updated version of 1964 if you take a closer look.

The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) today unveiled the official sport pictograms of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. In line with the Tokyo 2020 brand promise of “Innovation from Harmony”, the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 sport pictograms are designed to subtly communicate the characteristics and athleticism of each sport, as well as artistically highlights the dynamism of athletes. They will play a key role in enhancing the experience of athletes and spectators alike during the Olympic Games.

Olympic Games sport pictograms were first introduced at the Tokyo 1964 Games, which arose from a need to communicate visually to an increasingly international group of athletes and spectators. Since then, pictograms have been created for every edition of the Games.

While paying great respect to the predecessors and inheriting the Tokyo 1964 pictograms by innovating them, the Tokyo 2020 pictograms not only adhere to the objective of communicating information, but also are designed to display athletes’ vibrant movement in the most attractive way.

mByrF0q.jpg

20190312-01-01-EN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, johnhilly said:

That's just a game render, it might change significantly. But we get the idea that look of the Games will be focused on games logo.

The Mario & Sonic games usually always show more or less the look the games they end up wearing (with some minor changes regarding its arrangement). And I kind of believe it since its pretty much using the Hanabi motif they said would be the main element of the look, which they're also using on the website.

170926163615653_Tokyo+2020+graphic+-+Blu

Some examples

Vancouver 2010

mariosvinter_os_185401b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

London 2012

maxresdefault.jpg

150325.jpg

Sochi 2014

maxresdefault.jpg

_72812085_mmwoyiskfigteam62.jpg

Rio 2016